Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 01:03 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] Lord Kathen, you've got a good heart. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can I say weather annoys me? Snowy weather? Lots of COLD snowy weather? Ugh!

We're getting both up here and it's a pain to drive in!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:16 PM   #22
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

True, but it makes the nites more cuddly, aye? Thanks Cloudster, [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2004, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 01-28-2004, 01:24 PM   #23
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

A person is as annoying as you let him/her be.

Moral: think happy and there will be less annoying ppl!!
I find this only works when I'm drunk.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 01-28-2004, 01:24 PM   #24
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

A person is as annoying as you let him/her be.

Moral: think happy and there will be less annoying ppl!!
That isn't entirely true, Zuvio. I'm a pretty happy person as a rule and I overlook a lot of minor things that most people find annoying. I also realize that it is normally my choice to be annoyed or not, but there are some people that are just SO obnoxious or annoying that they simply can't be ignored.

Cloudy hit one of my pet peeves dead on regarding people with overflowing buggies using the Express Lane. Normally, that doesn't bother me, but not long ago I had gone to the store to pick up a couple of items and had to wait over 15 minutes in line because the lady in front of me had every sqaure inch of her buggy packed to the max. I'm sorry, THAT was just inconsiderate of her.

So, the people that annoy me the most are the ones that are inconsiderate of others. I also don't like people who use broad generalizations or stereotypes to insult or be condescending towards others. I live in the South and am a Born-Again Christian. As such, I've seen many insulting comments leveled my way based on the general stereotypical image others have of Southerners and/or Christians.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:13 PM   #25
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
When did saying someone is fat become an insult?

If someone says I'm fat (I am a bit), I tell him it's for insulation, it's winter and it gets cold here, I make a joke of it, I don't take it as an insult.
If you are fat it's an fact... like the sky is blue, if people told the sky it was blue it would probably not get offended.
I do the same honestly, just saying if people don't like you because of it, well you see my response [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 03:23 PM   #26
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think some people looked a bit too far into this topic [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There is only one answer: babies and toddlers

Don't come up to me and ask if your child is the cutest thing I ever saw. I will tell you not in a million years [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #27
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
LOL I agree, LadyBlue! What's with new mothers wanting everyone to hold their baby?? I mean, you can't say no, but really, what's the point?

And I agree with Cerek, basically people who are inconsiderate and full of themselves annoy me. A little less selfishness and consideration for others makes everything much more bearable and pleasant.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 PM   #28
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of things:
I have been with a lot of annoying people but since I've moved I had to deal with a guy named Scott Roberts.
I am insulted by the fat comment, but yer a rookie, so that could slide. (Which means "DONT SCREW UP AGAIN BOY!"
[Ranton/]
In the dictionary under the word annoying you'll see a picture of a kid! I mean for no reason he says chicken every second on the second! And his mouth needs to be washed out by soap to! I mean jeeze! He swaers for every word that is isn't chicken! I dunno, I think he's an immature fart and I'm trying to avoid him at all cost.
[Rantoff/]
Old 01-28-2004, 03:53 PM   #29
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Lady Blue, do you loathe the commercials featuring "cute" children as much as I do, then? Like a prime example, the Welch's Grape Juice Brats? EVERY TIME they come on I turn around from what I'm doing, glare for a second, and state how much I hate them. It's something I'm known for now, so I can't stop doing it. I REALLY hate them. Same goes for diaper commercials.
ATTENTION ADVERTISING PEOPLE! I don't want to see a baby wearing nothing but a diaper. I don't want to see a baby at all, but that's just me.
Of course, for sheer hatred-per-second (HPS), a little measurement I've invented to rate how horrible commercials can be, NOTHING tops...
Are you ready for this?
This is your last chance to look away..
The Country Crock spread commercials. With the two hands of the husband and wife talking...
"And why would you need it?"
"Because of... our 'little addition'"
"Wait, you're not!"
" ::titter:: I am!"
"You need this! Eat, eat!"
And then they laugh like ninnies.
It makes me want to attack the TV...

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:04 PM   #30
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Dang, whats this all this baby hatred, you all were once little critters that burped up too you know [img]tongue.gif[/img]