Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

So I have the presale merchant or whatever, but I don't know exactly who or where he is.

Is it Deekin? He's got tons of expensive items, and he has an "easter egg" feel.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
So I have the presale merchant or whatever, but I don't know exactly who or where he is.

Is it Deekin? He's got tons of expensive items, and he has an "easter egg" feel.
Nope, not Deekin. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Who is it then?
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Who is it then?
There are more than one actually.

One of them gives you a dialogue tied to the special Brotherhood of Waukeen feat, the other is the merchants friend.

The first is the weaponsmith in Port Llast; the latter is in blacklake.

I've heard someone say that there is also a gnome merchant at the sunken flagon inn who will offer special weapons via BoW but I can't confirm that.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 11-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If you have one (1) Good or Evil of the 2 special Collector Editions you
will find a Gnome merchant at the Sunken Flagon Inn
otherwise I don't believe he'll be there.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
If you have one (1) Good or Evil of the 2 special Collector Editions you
will find a Gnome merchant at the Sunken Flagon Inn
otherwise I don't believe he'll be there.
Finally got this squared away.

There are actually TWO Merchant Friends dealers. One is a Gnome named Fibba, who hang out near the docks by the Sunken Flagon (exit the SF and turn left - walk to the docks and look to your left). The second is named Daenaa Laeyath (sp?) and he is located directly across from the Magik Academy in Black Lake. Both of the will appear in Act 2 and not before.

The only merchant I have run into who gives you a special inventory in his shop is the Merchant in Port Llast. You must have the Blessed of Waukeen feat activated to get that option. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm a bit annoyed that I pre-ordered but still didn't get this presale merchant.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

IIRC you can add it in can't you? Via the console. I know you can manually add in the preorder feats and there's a site that tells you the feat number to give to your char. I doubt it is illegal or anything, since it's already in your game.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I'm a bit annoyed that I pre-ordered but still didn't get this presale merchant.
Why not? Who did you order it from? You should have gotten a key code that would unlock both the presale toolset AND the presale merchant - same code for both! If it was me I would be all over Atari like ugly on a monkey to get that! Then again, Atari is about as smart as a bunch of monkeys when it comes to customer support. In fact, I would bet on the monkeys if it came down to a battle of wits.

I think spiritwarrior is right though. You CAN add in the feats via the command console. In fact, I know I have seen it posted on the Bioware forums. The two feats are Blessed of Waukeen and Merchants friend, and iirc the feat codes are 1764 and 1765 (not sure which is which but you're supposed to get BOTH in the presale anyway). The console command is givefeat #. Just make sure that your main character is the one selected when you activate the command. Double checking on the feat codes for you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Will post again when I find them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Since you were supposed to get them anyway, I can't see how it would be a problem for you to add them in via the console. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-02-2006, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

Old 12-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer

Okay. Here's the procedure and the feat codes:

press ~ to bring up the console, then type in:

DebugMode 1
givefeat ####
DebugMode 0

replace #### with whichever one you want, you can use the givefeat command twice for both:
1764 FEAT_EPITHET_MERCHANTS_FRIEND
1765 FEAT_EPITHET_BLESSED_OF_WAUKEEN

So adding both would be:

press ~
DebugMode 1
givefeat 1764 FEAT_EPITHET_MERCHANTS_FRIEND
givefeat 1765 FEAT_EPITHET_BLESSED_OF_WAUKEEN
DebugMode 0
press ~ (to close the console)

there ya go. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Again make sure that your main character is selected. If you DO make a mistake, you can remove the feat by using this command:

removefeat #### same syntax as before.