Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 10:41 AM   #1
Jay_Ahr
Welcomed New User

OK, I finally got my first character to qualify as a Shadowdancer, and went to hotkey the special capabilities, but couldn't find them in the radial menu. Was I missing something? The book implied that are available at all levels, is that correct? In the radial menu, I found the Shadowdancer special 'submenu', but nothing was under it...
Jay_Ahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

This is because you are at a low level of ShadowDancer and only have one ability right now, hide in plain sight. You access that by simply going into stealth mode (F1).

As you level up with the SD more abilities will appear in the radial menu i.e. Shadow Daze.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
Jay_Ahr
Welcomed New User

Oh, good, thanks for the reply. I looked in the manual, it seemed to imply that you got them all at first level. I like this better now that I know... gives me things to look forward to. The Arcane Archer description told which levels gave what capabilities, so that's why I assumed the Shadowdancer would too. I'm still learning how to use hide in plain sight effectively anyway.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:27 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Dosen't it?....I have the american version of SOU and it's in my manual. If it is not in your manual you can find it yourself in-game, on the level up screen. Click on the SD class and there it will tell you the list of abilities attained per level and exactly when these are attained.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:29 PM   #5
Jay_Ahr
Welcomed New User

Well, maybe I'm losing it, but I've got the American version as well, and in the Arcane Archer description they give the level for each capability, but not in the Shadowdancer. That was the first thing I checked when I couldn't activate anything. I got a real early copy, maybe the manual got corrected?!?! Anyway, thanks for the info. Next time I level up I'll pay more attention and take some notes in my manual!
Old 08-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Oh I know what you're saying. The level at when the SD achieves the abilities is not written in the manual, just the abilities themselves. No worries, just check out the SD class on the level-up screen, it'll tell you when you attain what. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 08:34 AM   #7
Jay_Ahr
Welcomed New User

Yep, I'm glad I checked. It occurred to me I didn't have to wait to level up, I just jumped into char creation. Even though SD was grayed out, I could still read everything. There were actually a few things not mentioned in the manual, like improved evasion. Nice to know...