Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

I killed all the zombies in the farmland sector north of Baldur's Gate bridge, but Wenric says there's still a few out there. I walked my party everywhere they could go, checked out his farmhouse, and even tried getting to that chunk of land in the southeast corner by zoning up from the northeast corner of the bridge sector. Detect evil detects nothing, and resting in that sector doesn't produce any stragglers, either. What gives? Does he sometimes not give you completion credit when he should? Is there any way to get to that land across the river in the southeast corner of this sector, like from Ulgoth's Beard maybe? If you come back to this sector later on, are there a few more zombies that need killin'?

[ 01-25-2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Sig Segorn ]
Sig Segorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 07:19 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

Count the zombies as you kill them, count them...
There should be twenty of them, and you have surely missed one. Check it all once again. Particularly South-western part, North-Eastern, middle-west.

IIRC, there is no bridge or any other possibility to cross the river Chionthar here.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 07:29 PM   #3
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

I went back and checked it all again. Figured there could be one hiding around some trees, so I had Minsc "adopt a scorched earth policy" and go around tossing Oils of Fiery Burning into all the tree clusters. That wasn't it. Went through the 3 chests in the farmhouse, thinking that one might pop up out of one of them. That wasn't it. Killed the cows, thinking that maybe one is out-of-sight behind one, suckling on its udder. That wasn't it. Cast Detect Evil here and there in the sector and it still isn't detecting any. I believe I did kill all 20 zombies and, for some stupid "game program" reason, the completion credit from Wenric wasn't triggered. Calling it quits on that one. Who needs his lousy 800xp and 150gp, anyway?
Old 01-26-2003, 08:01 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Did you install the latest patch?
Old 01-27-2003, 12:54 AM   #5
Sig Segorn
Dungeon Master

I'm playing The Original Saga, which has the patches in it.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:37 AM   #6
Keraptisdm
Elminster

The exact same thing happened to me! I searched the entire screen many times, behind every tree, rock, fencepost, etc., nothing. I finally gave up on the quest.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote