Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
david_m11
Dungeon Master

I will soon be starting BG2 but I have a problem: I know that |I will only play this game once so I want to get the most out of the experience (i.e. items, weapons, sub-quests, NPC interactions, spells balah, blah).

Therefore, what race/class should I create to maximise my enjoyment???
Old 02-19-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Why only once? If you go through once you will miss soooooo much (romances/strongholds/quests). But to answer your question I would recommend a straight Paladin (no kit) as they have most choice equipment-wise or a thief if you have ToB as well (due to a certain high level ability that allows you to use any item!)
Hope this helps

Phil [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: This would probably be more suited to the BG2 forum [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Downunda ]

Old 02-19-2002, 05:50 PM   #3
Mortis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I started out the game as a Conjurer, cos i wanted to try out all the new spells and i wasnt disappointed. Spell effects were brill. I agree with Downunda as i played BG 1 through once and then came back later to play again as a different character and discovered so much more that i missed the first time around. To get the real benifit of the game especially BG 2, as its huge, you need to play it more than once cos there is so much you cud have missed. Tis just my opinion
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
Wedin

A True Class mage is the baest thing to choose! Evil one of course
Old 02-20-2002, 09:02 AM   #5
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

My favourite class is the Paladin with the Cavalier kit, the bonus's just appeal (Immune to poison & fear, +4 to hit and damage against dragons and demons, High acid and fire resistance)to me and seeing as I never use missile weapons there is no dissadvantage.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Daniel ]

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #6
david_m11
Dungeon Master

The reason that I only expect to play the game once is TIME. I have been playing BG 1 for over 2 years and still not quite finished it. This is not because I am crap but because of work/study/buying a house blah blah restricts my free time for gaming.

BTW, thanks for the advice to date. I must say that I am currently tempted by a Paladin or possibly a dualled kensai/mage. Any more thoughts????