Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2002, 08:28 PM   #1
Amedyr

What am I supposed to do with those riddle statues? The ones that you have to answer with the items you take from the chest in the middle of the room? I managed to figure out the answer to all but two of them, and the items I have left are the gagged man figurine and a skull. I have tried switching them, but nothing happens...
Old 10-12-2002, 08:30 PM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

Yes, this is a hard one.

At night I come without being fetched, at day I am gone without being stolen.
Star Medallion

No beginning. No end. I am a symbol of the world's cycles.
Golden Circlet

Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly pressed; Yet this I will say - we are full all the day, and empty when we go to rest.
Worn Out Boots

Here, in this place, you swallow me. Yet, were I more, I could swallow you.
Jar of Water

I have seen the mountains rise. I have seen the fall of Netheril. You shall die but still shall I march on.
Sundial

To those within the dungeon I am joy. To those fully beneath my gaze, I can be Hell.
Sun Medallion

I will save your life but yet can you die by me. I will settle disputes yet not with words.
Sword Medallion

Name me and so shall you break me.
Gagged Man

Always do I tell the truth, yet cannot speak. Look to me and see what really is. Mirror

I have two heads but one body. The more I stand still, the faster I run. Hourglass

Try to defeat me but try in vain. When I win I end your pain.
Grinning Skull

[ 10-12-2002, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 08:56 PM   #3
Amedyr

Oh! Whaddya know, I'm not as smart as I thought... I was placing the -sundial- in the wrong statue...

Thanks for going through all this trouble just to answer my little dilemma! ^_^
Old 10-12-2002, 10:24 PM   #4
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

There's one thing I don't get with that puzzle.
The gagged man, what does he have to do with 'Name me and so shall you break me'?
Old 10-12-2002, 11:54 PM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by pcgiant:
There's one thing I don't get with that puzzle.
The gagged man, what does he have to do with 'Name me and so shall you break me'?
Silence.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 08:27 AM   #6
Amedyr

Ohhhhh right!! Silence! Now I get it...
Dracoliches are so smart! ^_^
Old 10-13-2002, 11:17 AM   #7
daan
Silver Dragon

But why would he "break" ?
And his name is not the only thing he cant say, why does he persist on his name ... banana sounds fine too ... I thought that one was a little far fetched. But hey, im not english, so maybe im just too illiterate to underdstand [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 12:56 PM   #8
Vedran
Lord Soth

Perhaps it means "break" in psychical sense.
I think it wants to say: "If you talk to me, it would be very painful to me, because I cannot respond"
I'm not english, too, so this could be incorrect.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 04:26 PM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

Good one, though it quite specifically says -name me-, and not
-start a conversation with me-. Apparently calling him a gagged man, or calling him his name, maybe even just assigning him a name, breaks him.
Any literate english filosofical type-people have any input ?
Old 10-13-2002, 04:31 PM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

Try to defeat me but try in vain. When I win I end your pain.
Grinning Skull

I'm thinking the grinning skull represents death, which matches the txt pretty nicely ... so grinning skull could be death,.. what would gagged man be then ?