Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Kinbote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello. I'm new to WW, as well as to these forums. I'm finding the game to be fun, but a bit complicated in places. I should note that I'm currently in the very first dungeon. Here are my questions.

1. My main tank has apparently been turned to stone. I didn't notice when this happened, or probably would have reloaded. How do I fix him? It's annoying, since not only is he out of action, but he's also not earning exp.

2. How do you identify items? My party is carrying a lot of stuff right now, all of it unidentified. Inventory is getting full and I'd like to drop some of it.

Thanks for your help.
Kinbote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:02 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] . For your first problem, I suggest you head to the temple in town and click on rites. You have to pay to un-petrify your tank, but you won't have the stone to flesh spell at the moment, so it's your only choice. For your second questions, you can train in the Ancient Lore ability in a temple once you've become a level 3 guildmember (or is it level 5?). Or you could just go to the magic shop or the smithy and have them ID the items for you.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the forum, Kinbote. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

This is the best forum around. [img]smile.gif[/img] And we are happy to have you with us.

You have been well answered by Lord. I have nothing to add except that you may find "stone to flesh" potions in the course of the game. (They are orange). I do not believe, however, that you will be able to find them so early as in the the crypt. But later on you will come across some.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

You can be turned to stone in the crypt? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]

Anyway, welcome to the board Kinbote. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:38 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Kinbote. May your journeys in the Gael Serran provide you enough statues to decorate a mansion (yours, I trust [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

At a low-level, it's either the temple, a stone-to-flesh potion, or hoping a wizard gets stone-to-flesh (that's a stone spell, isn't it?). Or restoring an old save game, or using the Revert Game option (which resets the game to when you last left town). You'll lose the experience you've just earned, but you will be able to go through all the battles and actions again.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:54 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Of course you can, Willow, there are many possibilities The first possibility is Rumphy, next possibilities (at least two) are trapped chests.

Notes:
1. ID item skill: It's called "Artifacts" skill in the game. You must get the "Ancient lore" trait first and then you can get the skill. Both can be gained at guild level 3 in the Temple.
2. It is possible to find Stone to Flesh potion in the crypt. Kinbote, check your inventories and see if you have found an orange potion. If you have then save the game and try it. If it wasn't Stone to Flesh potion (more potions are orange) then you can restart. The orange color of the potion is a bit gray.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:11 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
Of course you can, Willow, there are many possibilities The first possibility is Rumphy, next possibilities (at least two) are trapped chests.

Rumphy turns people into stone? I better talk to him about his manners. Hmm I have never had that happened to me.

Doh! Chests, of course. But somehow I never set of any traps when disarming a chest. I do wonder why.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ermmm... you wouldn't be CHEATING now, would you, WIllow?

'Course, it would be in character for a rogue to game the system to their best end results, wouldn't it
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Ermmm... you wouldn't be CHEATING now, would you, WIllow?

'Course, it would be in character for a rogue to game the system to their best end results, wouldn't it
Me? Cheating? [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] Well I never! Let's call it, ehmm, time planning.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Kinbote !!!

Hope your game is going well. Please keep us posted on how you're doing and if you need help, we're here!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote