Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2002, 05:45 PM   #11
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
If everyone is who I think they are:

"ms K" is a tart and not worth bothering about.

"Bo" hates "Peter" anyway.

"Peter" is feeling uilty about this, and got religion anyway so can (probably) be trusted not to do it again.

Conclusion - forget about it. One incident a year ago isnt worth breaking up a friendship.
You know these people? Or have u just made an educated guess as to whom one of them is?
Old 08-19-2002, 10:53 PM   #12
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Confession trail, where do I begin?

Okay, For those who haven't guessed, I am "Peter" (my middle name). I do feel really guilty about what I did to Mojo. There's no excuss for what I did but back then I was just a great big dirty man whore. My vision was clouded by a pretty lass, come on lads, you honestly can't sit there and tell me that you haven't been at last tempted to scam on your mates girl. The only reason I did was probably cause I had enough alcohol in my system that I couldn't say my name.

The way I see it is, I regret what I did so i apoligised to Mojo. I don't know what that measn to other people but to me it means being really sorry and not doing it again. As Andrew pointed out, I've found religion now and I won't do it again.

In some twisted way I think Mojo is better off now than what he would have been with Ms. K. I think he "forgot" to mention that he has a girl friend that he loves and he's very happy with her. Apart from being easy, Ms. K is just bad news (drink, drugs, free love.) Much like what I used to be like. You didn't really believe that I was *born* Christian, did you? But now I'm a nice guy. Well the bottom line is, I've confessed what I've done to Mojo and to Christ and all is forgiven.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:10 PM   #13
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Ms. K is just bad news (drink, drugs, free love.)
you say it like thoes are *bad* things??
Old 08-19-2002, 11:21 PM   #14
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
Ms. K is just bad news (drink, drugs, free love.)
you say it like thoes are *bad* things??[/QUOTE]Well what can I say? If you think they are good then you are obviously sadly misinformed or under the influence right now.

Drink: Breaks homes. I've seen countless including my own. And it kills you slowly and painfully

Drugs: See drink but add jail time and being a total slave to your addiction.

Free love: Unwanted children. Contact the NSPCC (Nation Prevention for Cruelty to Children) for more information. STI's see slow painful death for more information.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:33 PM   #15
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Just a comment. I don't mean to offend any party.

It seems that you, Peter did something wrong and betrayed the trust of your friend. This generates negative karma (bad karma).

And even though Mojo is hurt, he still regards you as friend. Which is quite noble of him. (I would have done the other way around, is I was him; honestly)

I think you (Peter) should do more than admitting your guilt. You should make amends to Mojo. This in turn will generate good karma and may help to rebuild your friendship. Sometimes it takes more then just apologizing.

I am not here to preach any religion... the karma thingy is the way how I "used" to size up good and bad deeds.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:45 PM   #16
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Pity I don't believe in karma. To me, an apoligy is enough. He had no way of finding out but I swallowed my pride and just said what I did.

From what Mojo has told me I don't need to rebuild my friendship with him. The wise words of wisdom from some unknown guy come to mind, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If an apoligy is good enough for Jesus, then it has to be good enough for Mojo. By all means he could take a few swings at me but I fail to see what that will achive. I will still love him as a brother. Love is all I offer cause its the only thing I see of value that I have. (Good Karma, lol)
Old 08-20-2002, 11:56 AM   #17
Mojo
Elminster

There isn't much left for me to say. I belive that Al wouldn't do it again and that he has nothing to offer which could change anything. I still regard him as a friend and have forgiven him completely, although my feelings are a little mixed. I'm not sure if I forgave him because I'm such a nice guy and I know he won't do it again, or if I simply don't care. I know I wouldn't forgive him if he did the same with my current girlfriend.

As for me not finding out if u hadn't told me, Al...The way u told me, u started off my explaining that you were at a friend's house and another friend got u to confess, but you told him that you'd rather tell me. If you hadn't, would he have?
Old 08-20-2002, 12:04 PM   #18
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
I disagree, if *Peter* is feeling very guilty, than he should just enjoy the rest of the freindship. There was a reason they became freinds in the first place and when they no longer see each other it will merely be worse if they ended their freindship instead of enjoying it and being as happy as possible.
It's not just a little lie, it's backstabbing. I wouldn't wanna have friends like that.[/QUOTE]I had a friend who just waltzed in and hit it off with my only boyfriend. When I asked him about it, he called me names, she sneered I was an idiot, and then she slapped me. She thought she was safe, i told the rest of the school she'd had sexual intercourse with this guy-We had both just turned 14-and people stopped speaking to her.
I stick to my guns and say I did the right thing-she had been my best friend and i had loved that boyf. I had to deal with two heart-breaks at once, y'know?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:15 PM   #19
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
I had a friend who just waltzed in and hit it off with my only boyfriend. When I asked him about it, he called me names, she sneered I was an idiot, and then she slapped me. She thought she was safe, i told the rest of the school she'd had sexual intercourse with this guy-We had both just turned 14-and people stopped speaking to her.
I stick to my guns and say I did the right thing-she had been my best friend and i had loved that boyf. I had to deal with two heart-breaks at once, y'know?
Well, u have my sympathy. My experience didn't have too much heartbreak in it on account of the fact that it was over a year ago and I've stopped caring, and effectively, nothing has changed; but I can imagine how that must've been. On the other hand, well done.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:33 PM   #20
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:
Well what can I say? If you think they are good then you are obviously sadly misinformed or under the influence right now.

Drink: Breaks homes. I've seen countless including my own. And it kills you slowly and painfully

Drugs: See drink but add jail time and being a total slave to your addiction.

Free love: Unwanted children. Contact the NSPCC (Nation Prevention for Cruelty to Children) for more information. STI's see slow painful death for more information.
Erm... OK, but please don't try to push your own views on these matters onto others. I don't agree with any of that. Drink: No harm in moderation, alcohol addiction is a disease which most drinkers do not suffer from so don't tar us all with the same brush; Drugs: Not all are addictive (cannabis) and some are not even illegal (dexedrine, peyote, mushrooms, ketamine), do you include caffeine (which is an addictive harmful but legal drug) in your statement?; Free love: er... contraception? Safe sex? What do you mean by free love? Why is it that girls who enjoy sex are often labelled sluts? Outrageous.