Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hi - I just set up and played a little with this group, wanted to get some comments before leveling them up a bit. Here's how they came out:

Human Dreadmaster(1)/Bard(X) - will be the party leader and go for SF/GSF in Enchantment to make those will saves very hard. Will obviously also sing and do some healing/buffing too.

Tiefling Wizard(X) - will sf/gsf in evocation and necro; a skill machine; also will do the searching/disarming; will also do some summoning.

Aasimar Fighter(4)/Paladin(X) - wf/ws in the long sword for the HA; maxed cha; secondary leader/talker/healer.

Human Druid (Monk(1)?) - will be a nuker type caster (sf/gsf in evocation and scion of storms/heart of flame), I am thinking of going for the 1 monk level to augment the wild shapes and for the big Wis bonus to AC. Will summon as well.

Human Rogue(1)/Monk(X) - max hide/move silently, use as a scout/mage killer and also tank when needed; also rapid shot with a sling for ranged. I've also applied the tweaks to animate him kicking in melee instead of the default "boxing"

1/2 Orc Battleguard (Barb (1)?) - the group's only cleric so I am hesitant to give her a level of barb, but basically she'll be a tank/healer/summoner.

I think the Paladin and Monk won't be max-damage type tanks, but I also think they'll be tough nuts to crack and will hold their own. Plus I will summon alot with this group for some buffer/disposable tanks. The Wizard and Druid should provide tons of firepower, the Bard some mind-control and songs, and the Cleric can heal and tank. They're definitely going to have a broad array of spells available to them so it should be fun trying different combinations out.

[ 05-15-2004, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Gimli ]