Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 08:40 AM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

*slight spoiler regarding Underdark*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
All right, I'm in the Underdark, in the drow city. I've just bought the golden rope (have way too much money) and entered the lich's house. Now, as soon as I enter, I lose control of my characters. Everybody stops walking, the lich simply stands there, only I attack the lich. Now, I'm an archer, I have 37 arrows in my quiver. I shoot them ALL at the lich ("My weapon has no effect!"), it stands and stares stupidly at me. Then, having run out of arrows, I grab my sword (which I can hardly use without stabbing myself), walk up to the lich, start hacking at it. This weapon does damage, however I miss 4 out of 5 times. I sit and stare helplessly as my character proceeds to prod the lich to death while it acts as if someone had put a feeblemind spell on it. Then Jarlaxle teleports me away, tells me to kill the lich (it's already dead) and teleports me back in front of the house, in which I find a dead lich.
Was this supposed to happen? If not, what was?
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:50 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

The Lich was supposed to cast Imprisonment on you, which should have triggered you teleporting to Jarlaxle's pocket plane. After the conversation he teleports you back to fight the Lich, who is then still alive of course, for real.

This does indeed sound like a bug, but it never happened to me.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:55 AM   #3
Whailor

Spoilers
Didn't have such behaviour, but I have in most cases killed the lich as soon as it stops talking. Basically that rope lowers the wards and you can enter the house. Once you enter, the lich should talk to you and then walk - super slowly - to your party and "cast Imprisonment" on you, after what you meet Jarlaxle. In my cases however I usually attack the lich before he talks, and once the chat is over, the lich usually gets chomped into minced meat. Of course, since it's a scripted event you will get ported to Jarlaxle anyway, lich or no lich.

Simply makes it later easier, you just walk into the house and done. As soon as you pick up the gems Jarlaxle wants - look like some blue berries - you get ported back to Jarlaxle. I haven't been able to kill him tho, because so far he always ports me away before I can do something. And I aint sure how I would get out once he's dead.. But I will try one day, all inkies in Ust Natha will perish heh.. So far Jarlaxle is the only one who has escaped the beating.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:39 AM   #4
fable
Quintesson

Did you have mass invisibility going when you entered the house? If so, the lich can't see you to take the necessary action.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 01:25 PM   #5
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
Did you have mass invisibility going when you entered the house? If so, the lich can't see you to take the necessary action.

No, my party members are all perfectly visible. I won't complain, since I wasn't too keen on fighting the lich anyway, but it did NOT cast Imprisonment. I don't remember if it talked to me, though.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:11 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, I did the same as you, Kaz...killed the Lich before I even saw Jarlaxe. I thought it was "plot" and that the lich was a phony and then I had to go back and fight a real one...I was about furious about that, esp. as my berserker had gone berserk to avoid anything Deirex could chunk at him..

then I go back in and...no lich, there's Deirex dead on the floor, and I said, "Whoops..heh, guess I killed him already! D'OH!" I don't think that was supposed to happen, but oh well, I'M not going to argue a bargain!

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote