Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2002, 02:37 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*sigh* Just perfect,sometimes I don't even know why my life exists.Bad things just keep going on in my life.1st my best friend is moving.2nd my girlfriend dumped me.And 3rd my great uncle Leo dies.Is'nt my life just perfect?I'm so depressed.Why me? *sigh*Please can someone help me?I just wish that my life would go a little better.

~SomeGuy
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-12-2002, 02:42 PM   #2
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Sorry to hear about your problems...
I am sure that you can and will keep in touch with your friend. As for the girlfriend thing, I can remember when my 1st girlfriend left me for another guy (whom she eventually had a kid with). I was crushed! But now I am with someone far superior in every way. I still sometimes regret that things went the way they did with my first gf, but I am now married to the most wonderful woman in the world. It may not seem like it at the moment, but things will get better.
How can we measure the heights of our joy if not for the depths of our despair?
Life will be better. Much better. don't you worry.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:43 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about all this, SomeGuy. Seems like you had a lot of bad things happen at the same time. I hope some good ones happen too!
Old 05-12-2002, 02:56 PM   #4
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just want you to know that we're all here for you mate, and that good things should come along sometime, though I know it feels like everything's going wrong at once.
Old 05-12-2002, 03:07 PM   #5
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I'm sorry for your loss. But be happy in the knowlage that your Great Uncle lived a good life. And if you remember him with happiness he will never truly be gone. I know this because i have also lost people close to me. Its good that you are sharing this with us and asking for our help. I know my mistake was to keep it bottled up inside me. I didn't even tell my closest friends about my hurt but when i started talking to them it made me feel a bit better.
I'm sure that you will keep in contact with your best friend and maybe even see him in the holidays and stuff.
I know it seems that just now life is giving you a raw deal but trust me things will get better. Like i said before i've had a hard time in life but i have friends here and in the real world to suport me. I'll stress the point again, don't keep things like this bottled up inside!
I hope life smiles on you in the near future.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 05-12-2002, 03:42 PM   #6
rthemis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Existencial questions: Why are we alive? Does God (or goddess) exist? Do E.T look at us from stars? Is there heaven after death? Will I speak a good english one day?

Do someone have answer to this questions? ;p

>^_^<
Old 05-12-2002, 03:53 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

SomeGuy, I just saw that you're an uncle now!!! That's a GOOD event and CONGRATULATIONS! I hope the baby is doing well and that you can smile a bit now!

[ 05-12-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 05-12-2002, 03:57 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Yes Cloudbringer it's true,but I've been an uncle for quite some time now.My sister had children of her own long ago.I'm so glad that I have something to smile about. [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-12-2002, 05:20 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
*sigh* Just perfect,sometimes I don't even know why my life exists.Bad things just keep going on in my life.1st my best friend is moving.2nd my girlfriend dumped me.And 3rd my great uncle Leo dies.Is'nt my life just perfect?I'm so depressed.Why me? *sigh*Please can someone help me?I just wish that my life would go a little better.

~SomeGuy
Hey, don't feel bad! I've moved 7 times in my life, mostly 1 year apart from each other except I've stayed in the house i'm in now for a couple years, and my grandpa died on one of my birthdays, and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't come to mind at the moment. But if you think me or you have it bad, think of the homeless, foodless people in Africa etc. Your life would be luxury to them.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:46 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by rthemis:
Existencial questions: Why are we alive? Does God (or goddess) exist? Do E.T look at us from stars? Is there heaven after death? Will I speak a good english one day?

Do someone have answer to this questions? ;p

>^_^<

First, I'm sorry Someguy about your problems. If you wanna PM me, I'll chat. I've had a real big hiccup in my life in the last week to do with a friends death, but usually, talking publcily among a group doesn't help....talking in small numbers does. When condolenses get repeated, they become a nag.....if you get me! PM me or one of your close friends for a chat.

To do with the quote.. People always go on about the meaning of life....we are here to reproduce, and maintain the human species. FULL STOP. Each individual has no meaning of life as such, except to spawn children. You just have to make the most with your time.