Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I've already told mine, so i'd just be repeating myself. Tell us about your first time playing P&P D&D. What class you played, how the game went, who was dungeon master, that sort of thing.

RedBlueFlare
The dragon tamer lives on...
Old 03-24-2002, 12:28 AM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, I wish I could, but I can't as I have never played. .
Old 03-24-2002, 12:34 AM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I havnt played either...But my older bro was totally into that stuff when he was my age(16). He had planescape i think...well anyways that was 5 years ago..but back then i thought that stuff was really gay...so what im saying is i have no idea what class he was! i dunno about DM either...i just know he has this big box full of every single spell D&D has...its in my room as a matter of fact
Old 03-24-2002, 05:30 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

my first time playing P&P Battle Tech was fun! There were these 3 Jade Falcon German guys and they acted like the game was in RL or something... I equiped my mech based on experience from the Mech warrior 2 game, I took out heatsinks and everything and replaced them with LRMs... heh they didnt even have time to walk toward us, i was like a great Mortar cannon fireing hundreds of Missiles from afar that were all heatseeking... I ddidnt even get within a 2 mile radius of them before they had been destroyed and they forced eject. LOL one of them efven died and had to start over. It was thwe ccheapest strategy ever but allowable on a Daishi (aka WarHammer [I was with the Smoke Jaguar so he had weird names for everything]) so that was that It was the first time the Warlord (err Dungeon master?) had ever seen a single jaguar decimate 3 Jade falcons... ithey blamed the only FreeBirth for their deaths and then went about at court martialling him. What was funny was I (a few games later) found him and freed him from a prison camp. The only problem i had was if elementals attacked me, but nobody playing was smart enought to figure out to use 7 foot tall "mini" robot heh... a small range laser blast to my backside at any time would have caused my heatsinks to overheat and i would have died. The only problem with all those missiles was after 1 volley it took 4 turns to fire again @_@ not that the first volley wasnt strong enough to take out... letsee...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... um A WHOLE 2 STARS of mechs!

lol... They nicknamed me "Boomer" too lol...

Ian Boomer Boswell... it worked quite well...

Some people tried to even get me disqualified but the judge was a real softy for innocent 12 year old puppy eyes

those were the days...

now im doing D&D which is better in some ways (you don't have to strategize ahead of time you just go to it) and the whole "battle formation" thing doesn't even EXIST

+the dice go up to more than just 6 lol...

*recalls a moment*

"JESUS CHRIST THOR! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"

WL (err DM): Thor is no longer with us...

"THAT LITTLE KID'S ALL THE WAY OVER THERE! MISSILES DONT FLY THAT FAR! HE USED COUNTERMEASURES"

"Boomer would you mind readig out the number of missiles you fired..."

"91 6s,59 5s, 24 4s, no 3s, 2 2s, and about 14 1s...."

"MAN I QUIT!"

WL: "you might want to too if you keep up this streak..."

"ey i cant help it... im a daishi who cant walk but 5 miles an hour!"

Old 03-24-2002, 06:43 PM   #5
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I've told this story before, too, RBF, but, what the heck...
"Children, in the year 1992, when you were small, Lady Galadria was just a senior in medical school, and she heard from the nurses that one of the surgeons was playing D&D. They thought it was immaturity, and also because of his recent divorce. The next time that she scrubbed in on one of his cases, she asked him about it, and he laughed and said it was true, and did she think that he should be playing golf instead. She said, I hate golf, but this sounds interesting, but she was really interested in seeing more of him 'cause he was single and really cute. So, he invited her to play in a game at his house that weekend. She came, played a thief, which he was at great pains to keep alive, and she really enjoyed herself. Well, one thing led to another, and she and the DM were wed after she graduated, and now they have been wed happily ever after." The end
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-24-2002, 07:22 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I first played in 1977 when a friend of mine introduced me to it at an after school gaming club. I ended up playing quite a lot!
Old 03-24-2002, 07:31 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Thanks for sharing Galadria! Who would've thought you can meet your significant other through a D&D game! *Yes now I have proof that D&D players are not part of some cult!* (Don't ask...)Runs off to show thread to mom.

RedBlueFlare
Old 03-24-2002, 08:19 PM   #8
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

My first PnP RPG was Traveller...
I went through about two hours rolling up this character. I survived alot of missions and went to a number of schools then, during the last tour of service I died. I was hot. All that time shot in the ass only to die in character generation? BUT, my GM was very good and he said...

"Yup! Your dead. Now lets start."
I said..."Start what? I died!"
He said..."The game."
"You come back to your senses and find yourself in a plastic egg-shapped coffin."
I fiddled about a bit trying to look for a release and finally rolled well enough to find one.
"You climb out and find you are standing on a metal grate deck."
I was naked, on an enemy ship, reported dead by them. What a way to start a game.
It was the best time I had ever had at a game in my life.
I was hooked from then on.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:11 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Thanks for sharing Galadria! Who would've thought you can meet your significant other through a D&D game! *Yes now I have proof that D&D players are not part of some cult!* (Don't ask...)Runs off to show thread to mom.[/i][/b]
LOL, Redblueflare, tell your mom that I was there and that is substantially true. However, I can categorically state that I might not have invited the Lady Galadria if she wasn't so gorgeous. And yes, there was no way that her character was going to get killed.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:25 PM   #10
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, Redblueflare, tell your mom that I was there and that is substantially true. However, I can categorically state that I might not have invited the Lady Galadria if she wasn't so gorgeous. And yes, there was no way that her character was going to get killed.
Not good, now she's going to think all D&D players have ulterior motives. J/K. That's interesting, i never would've expected husband and wife to meet that way. Thanks for sharing again. And Lady Blue that's a whole lot of spells!
RedBlueFlare

[ 03-25-2002, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Redblueflare ]