Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2001, 11:17 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:

Ah.....the problem with this game is all the frustrations that might arise as a result of the decisions you have to make....good/evil, romance, inns to rest in, type of alcohol to choose from, should I kill that b*stard?, and inventory allocation.........
But I too, use all her fire elemental and insect spells before letting my favorite fighter/druid go hand to hand. Unless the enemy charges at her, that's a different story.

heh, actually, my party was SO fighter heavy, no one ever came near Jaheria or Jan, the two just sit there chatting. though their conversation was so screwed, Jaheria talked about natual mother while Jan talked about turnip business paying absolute no attetion whatsoever to the other, while four of my tanks smack everyone around them. (some times, Korgan would turn on me, I just quivering palm him for good)

Old 03-15-2001, 11:36 PM   #12
Aurum
Manshoon

Dri??? weapon's

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 03-15-2001, 11:39 PM   #13
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

"Drizzt's weapons?" ??

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 11:39 PM   #14
deverece
Dungeon Master

I gave Jaheira the staff of rynn. Its powerful and because of its long reach she can attack from behind my tank characters. I keep her around for four reasons, heal spells, insect swarm, mountain bears and romance. Romancing her causes some good battles with the harpers.
Old 03-15-2001, 11:40 PM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by deverece:
I gave Jaheira the staff of rynn. Its powerful and because of its long reach she can attack from behind my tank characters. I keep her around for four reasons, heal spells, insect swarm, mountain bears and romance. Romancing her causes some good battles with the harpers.

hmmm, moutain bear and romance, sounds like stylish
Old 03-16-2001, 01:45 AM   #16
Cayle
The Magister

I liked J. in both BG1&II. Early in the game I tried to keep her out of fights because she is a multi-class fighter. Her HP and THACO were never comparable to Minsc or my PC (Stalker named uhhh... Cayle). She will never be as good a tank as a single classed fighter or fighter-subclass. Over time I equiped her with the red dragon armor, the helm and shield of the dragonslayer and the +3 club (the red one that does a lot of damage). I found her later on (I am in the Drow City now, I have done almost all side quests in CH2&3) to be a capable "light" fighter. I say "light" because, even though her AC is -9 at this point, there are many things out there that can hit her anyway and she does not have 100+ HP like Cayle or Minsc. Her THACO is not as good either, so often she just keeps an opponent busy until my two rangers can help. It is just a function of being multi-classed. You can also cast Iron Skins. I have used on her in a few situations with really tough opponents and it can make the difference between being reloading or not.

Weapon: GO WITH THE CLUB! She already has ** at the start of the game (as opposed to one in scimitar), so later on you can maximise her proficiencies. If I were to create her from scratch in the begining,I would have gone with the scimitar because it is "sexier". BUT: There are certain things that can only be hit by blunt weapons. I now believe that her scimitar profiency was a wasted slot. Iron Skin her, give a +3 club and golems will know fear!

------------------
- Cayle
Old 03-16-2001, 01:51 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Cayle:
I liked J. in both BG1&II. Early in the game I tried to keep her out of fights because she is a multi-class fighter. Her HP and THACO were never comparable to Minsc or my PC (Stalker named uhhh... Cayle). She will never be as good a tank as a single classed fighter or fighter-subclass. Over time I equiped her with the red dragon armor, the helm and shield of the dragonslayer and the +3 club (the red one that does a lot of damage). I found her later on (I am in the Drow City now, I have done almost all side quests in CH2&3) to be a capable "light" fighter. I say "light" because, even though her AC is -9 at this point, there are many things out there that can hit her anyway and she does not have 100+ HP like Cayle or Minsc. Her THACO is not as good either, so often she just keeps an opponent busy until my two rangers can help. It is just a function of being multi-classed. You can also cast Iron Skins. I have used on her in a few situations with really tough opponents and it can make the difference between being reloading or not.

Weapon: GO WITH THE CLUB! She already has ** at the start of the game (as opposed to one in scimitar), so later on you can maximise her proficiencies. If I were to create her from scratch in the begining,I would have gone with the scimitar because it is "sexier". BUT: There are certain things that can only be hit by blunt weapons. I now believe that her scimitar profiency was a wasted slot. Iron Skin her, give a +3 club and golems will know fear!

gee, you not going to use him as melee anyway, why bother getting a weapon with less fire power (not as many number of attacks) clay golems are rare, and when they do come, they don't come in dozen, therefore, it isn't much of a deadl, since your fighters can take them out easily.

Old 03-16-2001, 02:15 AM   #18
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Personnaly I happen to hate her, but I seem to be stuck with her till the end. So I've made due. I keep her floating behind the party covering Aerie and Ieomen. That way if someone brakes through, or we get foes from all sides, my two spell casten women of death don't get hammered. That +3 club, and the sling of Evard are pretty good. Once you special her sling skill, and give her weapon and shield combo.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-16-2001, 03:30 AM   #19
Cayle
The Magister

250-

Good point about the number of attacks. It took me forever to actually learn that blunt weapons hurt clay golems, so they caused me a disproportiate degree of hearburn. My ranger is mr dual wield longsword and Minsc usually used a two handed sword, so they were always useless because I dit not have the sense to switch weapons.

Like I said earlier, I use her only as a backup fighter to keep baddies away from Imoen and Aerie. She is mainly a spellcaster.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 03-16-2001, 04:59 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurum:
Dri??? weapon's

I would recommend against doing this Aurum. Only bad things can come of it.

Spear of Impaling +3, +10 damage is very good for Jahiera if you don't want her to wield a shield. This weapon deals out the most damage of all the ones she can use.

I you want her with a shield, the best would have to be Belm.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame