Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 12:15 AM   #1
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Here is one of my "what if"'s.

What if, after the combat has been worked over, and the A.I. is finished, What if you could code alternate A.I.'s, for example, instead of having a monster that either runs up and slashes (or bites, or claws, ect) OR stands back and launches missle attacks from afar, what if you could pre-program "smarter" A.I. like have a blink dog teleport to the rear of the party and attack the supposed weaker characters, or a quickling that runs up, attacks, and runs off before you have the opportunity to counterattack. Or, what if you actually faced a dragon, NOT the walks-on-land-for-12-movement-and-attacks-three-times dragon, but one that flies (for whatever the movement would be, I can't recall) and you might have a round or two between passes (if you even survive the first...) where you could conceivably shoot arrows and cast protection spells or whatnot. If the A.I. could be custom made then you could have different actions with different percents, like has been said before, but you could have pre-made A.I.s that would be for flying or "run-by" (Quickling) monsters.

Just doin a bit of thinking...
And I'll be sure to ask Cocoaspud about this when he returns.
SilentThief
Old 09-19-2002, 07:15 PM   #2
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Or you could make even kobolds much harder if they back away from you then shoot arrows at you, resulting in you having to run up (while getting shot) and try to hit them.

SilentThief