Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2003, 08:32 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I don't know if this is really much of a spoiler, but I found out by accident so I figured I'd label the thread just in case.

Uh...we can have multiple henchmen?! My bard/red dragon disciple was going to add Daelan to her party (thinking she'd tell Deekin to wait up at the Yawning Portal in case she wanted to switch again later) and suddenly I realized he had joined my party and Deekin was still there too!

Is this a glitch or is it supposed to happen and is it only until we find the other missing people of the four henchmen possibilities or only while in the Undermountain area?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:22 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

You can have maximal 2 henchmen in the OC. I believe it's unlimited (of course the henchmen have to be there) otherwise, though too many will slow down or crash the game
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:38 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks! Now I don't know who to keep! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 09:18 AM   #4
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Thanks! Now I don't know who to keep! [img]smile.gif[/img]
According to various of the folks messaging on BioWare's forums, some of who may turn up here today (BioWrare is moving all of its servers to a new location and is offline all day)), only Deekin can be carried forward through the game. After some point in the game, you are more or less stuck inside the underground with only certain of the available hirelings still at hand. The four from the NWN-OC all have level caps also, and can't keep up with your character.

They will all be sent back up on the surface (well, those with the party will join the others there). A couple of new choices turn up before you have to decide on which two to keep; my games aren't that far yet (I sometimes do a paired run at a game with two different characters, a few steps apart. My SoU character was sort of a second choice type -- he's following, and I'm using the OC character from my second run-through as the lead party's main guy. He's a melee tank of sorts, Ftr 9, Rogue 5, Wpn Mstr 3 right now).

Just from various spoiler comments, I think I'll use Nathyra when Daelan has to depart. She's half demon -- sounds interesting.

[ 12-12-2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote