Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2002, 09:48 PM   #1
brad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have just finished skull island, gone back to brimlock and sold off all my items, trained up and then saved just outside town. Then the game froze and everytime I load my saved game it just freezes after a few seconds. Is there a fix for this problems?
brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:07 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, brad!!!

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties, I hope we will be able to help. First you need to give us a lot more information:

Type of computer, OS, memory, version of DirectX, software mode or 3D mode, vid card, patched or unpatched? Anything you can tell us about your hardware set up will help us figure out what the solution might be.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
brad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool...
I am running windows 98 on a pentium 3 600 with a matrox video card and direct x 8. As for the rest, I am not sure... It only freezes after coming outof brimloch after completing skull castle though, all the other saves are ok until I get to the same point and then it freezes again.
I've done skull castle three times now hoping that it was just a one-off, but I guess it isn't...
Old 03-25-2002, 11:14 AM   #4
brad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry, and 320mb of ram but I'm not sure about the rest tho...
Old 03-25-2002, 12:28 PM   #5
the_young_one
Manshoon

If your game has been working fine up to Brimloch Roon, then it may not be your PC.

Copy your roster.dat and save game file first into another folder, then try starting W&W and instead of loading your saved game which has your characters outside of Brimloch Roon, go to the inn and select the "Revert Game" option. This will bring all your "out on adventure" characters back to the last town they were in. Now try exiting Brimloch Roon with your party again and hopefully your game won't crash..

The other possibility is that the game is known to crash if you equip the vampire ring. You can fix this problem by installing the patch (or going back to a game where you do not equip that ring).

Let us know if you have any luck..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:41 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh yes - the VAMPIRE RING - I always forget that!

Thanks, young_one!!

That seems like the most likely cause of your problems since 1) the game has been running fine until now and 2) you just completed Skull Castle where you can get that dragged ring!

You can grab the patch from http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/wiza...ownloads.shtml

I personally don't like the patch (see the BEST TIPS thread for what it does and what it takes away).

Hope that is the source of the problem - easy fix then!

Wyv
Old 03-31-2002, 10:06 AM   #7
brad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys, it was the ring. Seems a waste but I just sold it and the game hasn't crashed since...
Old 03-31-2002, 10:10 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

YAY!!!

I'm glad the problem was solved! You can keep the ring if you patch your game (I like it better unpatched). At least now you can play onward!!

Keep us posted!!

Wyv