Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
Bow-Jest

Does anyone else have a problem teleporting back after creating a portal? This is the third time it has happened to me and this time I have to make my way back to the lost sea. Any shortcuts or do I have to go through the shrine of Anephas? Yes I`m sure I created a portal, like I said its happened before, so every time I call home I create a new portal and make sure the message board says it is created.
Old 01-22-2001, 06:22 PM   #2
Moni

In the Lost Sea area, you use the spell "Create Portal" and see in your text window that a portal has been created...you use the "Call of Home" spell and are teleported back to Brimloch Roon...then, you use the "Teleport" spell in or just outside Brimloch Roon and can't get back to your portal in the Lost Sea?

That's how it should work...Call of Home takes you to the last city you were in and Teleport returns you to your portal.

( I always waited to use the Teleport spell outside the west gate of Brimloch Roon so I don't know if it works within the city limits)
Old 01-23-2001, 12:38 AM   #3
Gauleiter

You can't cast *any* spells inside a town.

Call of Home = you go back to whatever was the last town you visited.
Create Portal = that's the place you appear when you use Teleport.
Teleport = you go from wherever you are now to wherever you last cast Create Portal.

I've never had any trouble using these spells, even when different characters cast them on each other (for a time, during a recent play through of the game, my Ninja had Teleport and my Warlock had Create Portal and Call of Home, so they had to work together )
Old 01-23-2001, 12:58 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Bow-Jest,

This has happened to me too. I have noticed that there are a couple of places around the Lost Sea that, either by accident or by design, cannot hold a portal. The one I've found that always works is right near Talrik's Cart (far west-southwestern side) or the ocean entrance to Isle of Sands (just north). Also, the Thieves' lift right outside of the Anephas Shrine works as well. For some reason, if you cast a portal along the southern border, it doesn't hold well. Can't tell you why.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 09:18 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I have read that you can climb up to the foliage to the south just outside of Brimloch Roon and walk across the trees all the way to the Lost Sea thus avoiding Anephas' tomb. Haven't tried this myself, but I trust the poster who has!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 10:23 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

It is very easy to climb the gate to a town and walk onto the trees. I climb the gate and fell to the other side once to safely wait out the Monk quest. Haven't tried walking on the trees to the Lost Sea area, though.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 10:42 AM   #7
Eminster

Creat Portal or teleport doesn't work for me no matter where I try it. I have tried on docks outside of Brimlock, Skull Castle, and where that leprecaun guy is. Everytime I then cast teleport it fizzles. What's causing this problem? Am I doing something wrong. My Warlock is the one doing the casting. He casts these spells on himself. Does sorcery have anything to do with it? Or do I need to download the patch?
Old 01-23-2001, 10:58 AM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

If your sorcery skill level is low, spells may fizzle. What level is the wizards sorcery at?

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 11:01 AM   #9
Eminster

That's what I figured. It's only 5. I guess I will pay that nice tree a visit.
Old 01-23-2001, 03:58 PM   #10
carg
The Magister

I've never had a spell fizzle on me, and sorcery skill is always one of the last I train. (Except teleport when the portal is in a place I may not teleport to.)
What happens when you cast create portal, take a few steps away, and cast teleport? This should work on most places around the enchanted isles. And doesn't it work inside a dungeon either?

On climbing and tree surfing: climbing the door of Brimloch Roon is somewhat hard, because it has an overhanging border! The best place to climb the city walls is from the pier, right next to the door. You still need a bit of climbing skill for it though, watch up almost vertically, and jump. (At least that's the only way I succeeded.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote