Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 08:07 PM   #1
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Hmmmmm, it keeps happenin, each time i kill the human form of abazigal i get knocked away, the last thing i see is Abazigal turnin into a dragon, then all my user interfaces hide, and i cant bring them back, i waited for 15 min, still nothing happened, what should i do, if its a known bug where to get a patch, please its really frustrating.
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 08:55 PM   #2
Sir Loin of Beef
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know you probably already tried this but ... pressing H doesn't do anything does it?

'H' is supposed to make the interface panel disappear and reappear.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
You don't happen to have any hacked chars in your party, do you? For some reason I've noticed that causes this problem. If not, try downloading a patch.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 09:00 PM   #4
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Nopes, no hacked characters, just my good ol' solo cavalier. And yes pressing 'h' was the first thing i did, so i'll download the patch.
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 05:57 PM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Hmmmmm, it keeps happenin, each time i kill the human form of abazigal i get knocked away, the last thing i see is Abazigal turnin into a dragon, then all my user interfaces hide, and i cant bring them back, i waited for 15 min, still nothing happened, what should i do, if its a known bug where to get a patch, please its really frustrating.
Oh! I had this! I was on the phone to one of my friends and all she got was a load of explicitives a sailor would blush at as I restarted my computer. It happened again. After about five times of this, it finally went okay, and she got another load of explicitives as I kept dying

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
SPARKY
Welcomed New User

I installed all of the patches and fixes for SOA and TOB and havent had any of the hangs or problems that I see people posting about. Actually, all my BG games have run almost flawlessly except that when I quit (I know I shouldnt do that but my wife insists sometimes) my computer will hang and I cant return to my desktop. But I do have a question--- Has anyone found a way to beat thia man turned dragon? I wacked his son easily enough and boasted to daddy about it- it kind of ticked him off. [img]smile.gif[/img]
SPARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 12:13 PM   #7
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SPARKY:
I installed all of the patches and fixes for SOA and TOB and havent had any of the hangs or problems that I see people posting about. Actually, all my BG games have run almost flawlessly except that when I quit (I know I shouldnt do that but my wife insists sometimes) my computer will hang and I cant return to my desktop. But I do have a question--- Has anyone found a way to beat thia man turned dragon? I wacked his son easily enough and boasted to daddy about it- it kind of ticked him off. [img]smile.gif[/img]
There are threads all over this forum about this, but I'll need to know your party members and levels before I can offer any help [img]smile.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 12:51 PM   #8
Debaser

I think I remember having this exact problem a while back....the only way I could solve it was to go back to an earlier save and play through to Abazigal again. I don't know what the reason for the bug was.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:46 PM   #9
andrewas
Harper

To kill Abazigal in dragon form dead easy, lure his human form to the south of his lair. Theres a narrow passage there, behind some kind of crystal formation or something. Get him to change forms while in that passage and there you are, one totally immobile target. Get out infinite ammo missile weapons and pound out of existence.

Cheese maybe, but effective.

NB this plan is not easilty implementable with the improved abazigal patch, since in that you have some other problems to worry about. Like Tamah.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:27 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I never had any trouble killing Abazigal at all. Draconis however is a whole different story.. he kicked my *ss all over the place. Had to reload almost two dozen time before that clown went down.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote