Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 04:57 AM   #1
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Since there's a few us doing one and others who have done them I was thinking about an "ultimate" no reloads, making it as hard as possible with the inclusion and exclusion of certain mods and perameters. Like for instance you would have to

1) Tactics, Insane... a given
2) Include the Solaufein mod and go through his 3 battles.
3) The ridiculous Improved Faldorn and Improved Shadow Thieves mods.
4) No Item upgrade mod
5) No ease of use mod
6) Romance a NPC that becomes abducted by a certain baddie along with Solaufein
7) Improved Battles Cheats, I mean mod. It's kinda buggy though.

I don't know, it sounds pretty far fetched but I was just reaching for the impossible. Any thoughts?
Old 06-30-2004, 05:15 AM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah... good luck [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2004, 06:33 AM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Isn't that kind of enemy-use-cheese-to-where-it-becomes-boring stuff boring?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:11 AM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
1) Tactics, Insane... a given
Good luck on the improved druid grove. The last battle is increadibly broken, I don't think there is a way to beat it without being increadibly cheezy.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:36 PM   #5
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Here's my next no reloads plan:

Solo FMC with these rules (limitations):

I will not use: Wands of anything, Cloak of Cheese, Shield of Balduran, Shield of Reflection, Vhailor's Helm, Improved Kitthix, Boots of Preservation (only for countering Shatter Magic)

I will use: Robe of Vecna, Staff of The Magi (but not for disrupting the spell caster if you reequip and become invisible)

I will not use scrolls: Prot. from Undead, Prot. from Magic (maybe in Ascension battle! heh, if I get there )

I will not use spells: Mislead, Project Image

I have already rolled his numbers (yeah, it took me 10 minutes)

18/45, 18, 18, 13, 18, 7

I think Ilyich will be very hard! I already played a little and when I fought my first Duergar Proletariat, I summoned a skeleton for a decoy. He destroyed it faster (in 3 hits) before I made one swing at him.

[ 06-30-2004, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Leslie ]
Old 06-30-2004, 01:11 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
Here's my next no reloads plan:

Solo FMC with these rules (limitations):

I will not use: Wands of anything, Cloak of Cheese, Shield of Balduran, Shield of Reflection, Vhailor's Helm, Improved Kitthix, Boots of Preservation (only for countering Shatter Magic)

I will use: Robe of Vecna, Staff of The Magi (but not for disrupting the spell caster if you reequip and become invisible)

I will not use scrolls: Prot. from Undead, Prot. from Magic (maybe in Ascension battle! heh, if I get there )

I will not use spells: Mislead, Project Image

I have already rolled his numbers (yeah, it took me 10 minutes)

18/45, 18, 18, 13, 18, 7

I think Ilyich will be very hard! I already played a little and when I fought my first Duergar Proletariat, I summoned a skeleton for a decoy. He destroyed it faster (in 3 hits) before I made one swing at him.
Good luck to you, Leslie. If I could beat Ilyich and crew with a bard, I'm sure you can do it with a F/M/C. You'll have a MUCH better chance of actually hitting your enemies and you'll also have a heap more healing than I did. I believe the number of spells are actually very similar for the bard and the mage in the Chateau, but it seems as if the mage should have more of those also.

As for the duergar, my tried and true tactic was to Dire Charm the fighter and send him after the mage (or the other fighter if more than the two showed up). Of course, I'm only playing on Normal, not Insane.

One suggestion I would offer against the Proletariats would be to cast Grease to slow him down. That saves your higher level spells for better uses (and - unlike Dire Charm - there is no Save vs Grease). Then, while the dwarf is slowed in his approach, fill him full of arrows. When he does reach you, at least he will be injured.

The mages are very easy to beat solo. Just wait for their protections to go down, then cast Stinking Cloud. The only serious problem comes if they manage to cast their Spider Spawn spell, but again, being a fighter AND a cleric will give you an advantage against them that I didn't have.

BTW, what race will your character be?
Old 06-30-2004, 03:46 PM   #7
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Hey, thanks for the advice, Cerek. One good solution for mages is also Silence spell, which has -5 penalty for saves!

Oh, and I also tried running around and hitting the Duergar with sling and it took me 22 bullets to kill him! That includes the ones when I missed.

So I believe I will fight mostly with magic and that is very tricky because when you rest you go back to square 1.

I think the only possible race for FMC is Half-elf.