Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2002, 01:00 AM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well I dont have indepth stuff to tell you like I uaslly do, but I do have this.

Peter Forsberg return has been postponed for 4 months, witch will mean he will miss the olympics and the rest of the NHL regualr season.

And to me, it basicly means he is retiring, he is done.

He is having yet anotehr sergery in his foot. I dont think he is going to return

Too bad, what a great talent.

Maybe he will though..

Mario Lemiuex came back from cancer, Lindros came bacl (unfurtently) maybe Forsberg can come back.

Doubtfull though.

For those of you who have decided to read this and know nothing about Hockey let me tell you how great Peter Forsberg is..

He scored 7 goals in one game, has won atleast one Stanley Cup (I think more not sure) Has won a gold medal for Sweeden, and did it in a unbelivable goal, witch they actually made a stamp of back in Sweeden.

Now is there any other sports legend thats has that kind of resume?

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Grand-Ranger ]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Grand-Ranger ]

Old 01-11-2002, 02:00 AM   #2
Keryvian
The Magister

Well, I watched the entire press conference (I live in the Denver area). The impression that I got was the Peter Forsberg intends to come back. His agent said that Peter wanted to have the surgery as soon as possible (he had it today), so that he could be back in time for the playoffs. The team doctor was less optimistic about the playoffs. He stated that 4 months was the minimum amount of time that Forsberg would miss. He also stated that the surgery went well, and Forsberg should recover completely.

As an Avs fan and season ticket holder, I really hope Forsberg does come back. He is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. I watched a game where he was killing a penalty, and played 'keep away' with the puck for what seemed like forever (somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds, a loonnnggg time in hockey).

By the way, it is two Stanley Cups.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:12 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
quote:
Originally posted by Keryvian:
Well, I watched the entire press conference (I live in the Denver area). The impression that I got was the Peter Forsberg intends to come back. His agent said that Peter wanted to have the surgery as soon as possible (he had it today), so that he could be back in time for the playoffs. The team doctor was less optimistic about the playoffs. He stated that 4 months was the minimum amount of time that Forsberg would miss. He also stated that the surgery went well, and Forsberg should recover completely.

As an Avs fan and season ticket holder, I really hope Forsberg does come back. He is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. I watched a game where he was killing a penalty, and played 'keep away' with the puck for what seemed like forever (somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds, a loonnnggg time in hockey).

By the way, it is two Stanley Cups.

I thought he won two, I wasnt sure of that though. I do hope he comes back. Just not to the Avs

You see, I quite ironic when it comes to hockey, I am devs fan from Texas! (I do like the Stars though) Being A NJ fan, I automaticly hate the avs, I do like Peter though. I wish he was traded though. it wont happen thought he says he would go back to the avs before he goes back to sweeden.

bah,,
Old 01-11-2002, 02:57 AM   #4
Keryvian
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

I thought he won two, I wasnt sure of that though. I do hope he comes back. Just not to the Avs

When he comes back (I'm thinking positive), it will be to the Avs.

quote:

You see, I quite ironic when it comes to hockey, I am devs fan from Texas! (I do like the Stars though) Being A NJ fan, I automaticly hate the avs, I do like Peter though. I wish he was traded though. it wont happen thought he says he would go back to the avs before he goes back to sweeden.

bah,,

Well, as an Avs fan, I'm not too fond of the Dallas Stars. I like NJ, though. They've been one of my favorite eastern teams to watch the last couple of years. They seem to be having a little trouble this year, though (kind of like the Avs).
Old 01-11-2002, 03:24 AM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hi Keryvian! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I havent seen you around for a long time! Nice to see you!

To bad about Forsberg...the Olympics missing is the biggest thing for me...as a vancouver fan seeing a division rival lose one of there best isnt so bad. But it sucks for hockey in general that such a great player is out!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:52 PM   #6
Keryvian
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

Hi Keryvian! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I havent seen you around for a long time! Nice to see you!

Thanks! I'm almost always lurking about, mostly in the Wizardry 8 forum these days. My lurking habits are far too well established to overcome easily.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Keryvian ]

I'll get it right eventually. Maybe I should stick to lurking.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Keryvian ]