Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 01:15 AM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Again, Spoiler Warning:

I have been playing this game for the past few days (finished NWN OC a while ago)and I have really stayed away from any spoiler information, though I have had to, on occasion, to do a search. However, I have come to a part in the game that has me wondering a few things.

1. How many chapters does SoU have? Since I have the Gold Box version I don't have any printed material specifically relating to SoU.

2. Will I be able to tell when one chapter ends and another begins? (pardon my ignorance, please)

3. Will I come to a point in the game play where there is "No Point of Return" like in NWN?

4. If your henchman dies is there a place to find their newly resurrected self?

Thanks
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 01:54 AM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

1. Sou has two chapters with an interlude in between.

2. Yes and sorta-no (its not blantantly obvious but discernable in one case). Will spoil with specific chapter type info if requested

3. Yes-sorta At a certain point you get stuck with only the henchman you have at that point... Again ask for more info if needed, I dont wanna spoil more than neccessary

4. In chapter One, IIRC- yes( I think). Save alot in the interlude and chapter 2 as the answer here is IIRC no (again I think). Sorry its been a while since I revisited SoU.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:40 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thanks, Chewbacca. I wasn't sure about how the game operates fully because it does have some mechanics quite different from NWN OC, e.g. you can only be recalled in chapter 1 of SoU, otherwise it is run, run, run.

Right now I believe I am at the end of the Interlude because I am in the portal room where Drogan pops back into my life and says the usual, "Hurry, there isn't much time, blah, blah, blah." So I wasn't sure if this was the time to go back and load up on potions of healing, carefully select the spells you want, and get my things in order like at the close of NWN before you enter the infamous "Point of No Return."

Thanks, again.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:43 AM   #4
Epona
Zartan

You will have the ability to buy stuff through most of Chapter 2 if that's what you're worried about, no need to panic just yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yup, like Epona said, there is still an opportunity to pick up some items after the next chapter starts.

I found that I didn't need to purchase too many things as by that point we'd found or bought nearly everything we needed.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:33 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

When your henchman dies, they just lie there on the ground so you're free to heal them back up if you wish. Deekin met his creator many times during the adventure, but Boss patched him up. Deekin be thankful to Boss.

[ 02-12-2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]