Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 05:19 PM   #1
Huck_Seed
Welcomed New User

Hey guys, a few quick questions for you:

1. I unwittingly killed Raskalion PRIOR to recieving the quest to kill
him from Scanthril, and the game apparantly doesn't realize that I've fulfilled the quest. When I mention "Raskalion" to Scanthril, he happily tells me that the dwarf is living in the stout mines, and he does not acknowledge that said dwarf has ceased to live because of my handiwork. I'm desperate to upgrade my cruddy rogue to an Assassin, but I can't get Scanthril to hand over the dagger! What do I do? Am I screwed? Would killing the dumb rat thief help? Is the Assassin dagger waiting for me in Scanthril's hideout? Let me know...

2. After doing all the quests in the Stout Mines I decided to kill off the Dwarf King to get his Hammer. I have the hammer, but when I try to equip it on my Priest/Paladin, it sits over where his shield would normally be and it doesn't show up on his little paper doll portrait. I have the minimum 16 strength required to use the hammer, but when I attack with it I only do 1 or 2 points of damage. Is there something wrong here, or is it just impossible for my guy to actually use the hammer? I've tried to equip the hammer on my other characters, and I meet the same result. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance for any help or advice you can offer, and I'm sure I'll have more questions soon enough
Huck_Seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 06:14 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Huck-Seed!!!

1) Email me - This is a common problem - Killing Raskallion only counts as part of the assassin's quest if you have the quest PRIOR to offing him BUT I have a solution!

2) I think that is just the way it is. If anyone knows different, I'm sure they will post soon!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 06:15 PM   #3
AliCat
Drow Warrior

1. You are probably screwed out of the assassin's dagger. This game is fairly strict about not giving you credit for a quest you hadn't received yet.

2. Dunno. I didn't have much luck with it either.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 06:28 PM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi Huck_Seed, and welcome!
Can't help you much with the dagger... but unless you have a save prior to kill in Rascalion Wyv might be able to help you.

I don't think it's possible for player characters to use the Krakoendon hammer. If you ask Freyedies (well, he's dead now ) he sais that it can only be wielded by a king. I'm sure that's the reason why it's impossible to use. Another general tip is to NOT kill NPCs in the game until you've got what you wanted from them.

Good Luck!

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote