Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 09:59 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Greetings, all.

My first post to this forum, which I've found invaluable as I've been working through W&W. I'm a veteran of the Might & Magic Series, and a member of the Guild of the Wooden Flute.

Enough for introductions. I'm not sure this is a spoil or not, but in my first foray onto this board, better safe than sorry.

Following the info here, I kept three characters back from completing the Hook quest in Brimloch Roon. I meant it to be one, but the other two finally got Rogue Guild access. The other three completed (eventually) the leprechaun quest, and I started the other three on their way to the Hook quest.

Now, here's the fun part! The second trio have completed the hook quest, and are on the final quest (forget it for the moment). Every time the first three walk into the pawn shop, they get told that they're too late, and that someone's already returned the leprechaun's stone. Thanks anyway, have 5000XP and a guild promotion.

And the first trio doesn't get a shot at the final quest. They keep getting told there are no jobs available (or the equivalent).

This is with the patch installed, too.

Any one else seen this pleasant behavior? I'm trying not to take advantage of it, but with every level, I've got to stop in for some training...

TIA, and TIR.

*B*
Minister, etc.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 03:28 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi Bungleau! I had this pleasant experience too when I was playing the game. Apparently this is a well known bug, which really comes in handy when you achieve Valkyrie and Zenmaster roles. It's nice to be able to earn XP in town and have immediate access to training facilities.

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 08:41 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Bungleau!!!

Yes - this is one of the perks of having a game rushed to market! Pretty nice!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 12:24 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, all. I hadn't seen mention of that bug before, but that may just have been my reading skills at work...

*B*
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 08:21 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Thanks, all. I hadn't seen mention of that bug before, but that may just have been my reading skills at work...

*B*
Probably not, Bungleau! Some of us have been on this board for a year or more now and have long memories to match. Not unlikely that this particular "perk" has not been a topic in recent months so unless you've waded through the whole mass, easily missed.
Certainly worth mentioning again. We've always got new posters here who have missed previous discussions so was a goodly post!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote