Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 09:57 AM   #1
Boyo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I "jammed" the lock in the crypt that contains the Algamesh Amulet. I believe I just pounded it cause my thief was too weak to pick it, but now it says it's jammed and I can't get in. Does that mean that the amulet is lost forever or is there another way in or some kind of bypass???

Also, supposedly I need 500 gold to join a guild, but after identifying and repairing everything in my posession I have no money left to join. I don't want to use the money making methods suggested in the forum such as, make new character pool money, repeat. I want to join guilds for obvious reasons, so where can I make up the cash? or is ID'ing stuff a waste of time. Will my wiz or cleric ever have the ability to ID items?

Love to hear your suggestions.
Thanks

Boyo
Boyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:10 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

To gain money in Valeia go to the armory and enter the guild. Go to the special items icon (the center one, I think) and buy as many willow arrows +1 as you can afford. Exit to the main part of the armory and sell them. Keep doing this and you will be able to mass a bit of gold.

Try to get your strongest character to bash the door lock open!

Hope this helps!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:17 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, you have several options here -
1) Skip the quest - you do not need to do the Algamesh Amulet quest. Doing it gives you a potion which is effective against the Naga at the Serpent Temple but you can defeat her without the potion.
2) Revert the game or Reset the Adventures or Reload - you're still earlier enough in the game that starting over WITH your current characters might not be a bad option. They will have the opportunity to gain extra experience and since you have already invested in repairing and identifying items, you could skip doing so the second time and sell all the stuff for the money you want to join guilds.

Yes you will be able to eventually ID items yourself. YOu will need to reach 3rd GUILD level in the Temple or Magic guilds and learn Ancient Lore AND Artifacts. The higher the skill level in artifacts the more important magic items you will be able to successfully identify!

Hope that helps!!
Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:19 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(hehehe) Mark - our posts probably would have been the same time except that I got a call on the other line!
I just love it when we give a player "mass" help!

Wyv
Old 03-29-2001, 10:27 AM   #5
Boyo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok, thanks a lot, that was helpful...don't think I'll revert though...don't really want to start over
Boyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:34 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Wyv!
I find myself being paranoid when I write a message that is taking me too long to think about and write. Then I have to check my spelling, because I'm a rotten typist. By the time I'm done, I'm thinking, "Someone has probably scooped me and answered it already".

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:38 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Also: Check when you kill the Highland Rogues. They often drop lockpicks (called "strange items" but they look like small lockpicks). Use one of them on the jammed door. Lockpicks or "Pry" or "Disarm Trap" are the only things that will work against a jammed door.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:53 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Mark!!! lol!!

Remember:

It is not a race!

Posters are always delighted to have help and you always give very good advice!!!

Wyv
Old 03-29-2001, 12:45 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Not only that, but I've noticed when 3 people answer a question at once, each one has a different "take" on the answer, and all three answers are useful. I have yet to see a truly redundant answer. I tend to be very detail-oriented in mine (that's the Virgo in me), whereas others may take a broad-range view of the situation, or only address one particular thing they know about.

So post, post away!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:29 PM   #10
sauron1955
Dungeon Master

I think I did the same thing so long ago and I believe you can buy a level 2 or 3 lock pick in Valeria and it will open the jammed lock.

------------------
chance favors a prepared mind
sauron1955 is offline   Reply With Quote