Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WOMEN - how many times in a normal day do you shower/bath?
once 3 5.36%
twice 6 10.71%
I'm a man 47 83.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #21
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well, i'm one of those people who DO think that a bath is relaxing. I always bring a book, and a lot of times i fall asleep in the tub too, and wake up two hours or so later. No problem with that though.

How do you get comfortable though? I get out of a bath with all my bones aching from resting against the hard surface.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Dunno Aelia, i just don't have any problems with that. I guess i'm a tough guy.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:11 PM   #23
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

An old girl friend who used to live with me had a little blow up pillow she'd use to rest her head on,it had little sticky things to adhear it to the tub.She'd sit in there with a few candles for an hour or so,but she didn't like sharing a shower with anyone...shes gone now!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:06 PM   #24
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well, i'm one of those people who DO think that a bath is relaxing. I always bring a book, and a lot of times i fall asleep in the tub too, and wake up two hours or so later. No problem with that though.

How do you get comfortable though? I get out of a bath with all my bones aching from resting against the hard surface. [/QUOTE]It can be uncomfortable espeically when you're considerably longer than the bath!

If your head gets sore (resting against the hard surface), my tip is to use a sponge. It works suprisingly well

johhny, how can you read in a bath? Doesn't the book/magazine get all wet? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:45 PM   #25
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Is showering twice a day considered low?
LOL no I meant 46% seemed a low percentage of women showering twice a day - I thought more women than that would shower twice a day instead of only once (washing hair and all).

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I don't know what's the difference between a shower and a bath. I tend to shower/bath early in the morning before going to work and then another at night time before going to bed.
Um a shower is when you stand under a spray of water which flows straight over you into the drain. A bath is sitting in a tub full of water which only drains away when you pull the plug out. Hence the 'sitting in dirty water' comments

Now, someone chose 'other please specify' for the thing they use to wash with (soap etc) - but I don't think they specified! Tsk tsk
Old 08-20-2003, 04:09 AM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
originally posted by Gokuzool

johhny, how can you read in a bath? Doesn't the book/magazine get all wet?
No, when i lay down in the tub, i hold the book up. Unfortunately i did mess up a few books in the past, when i fell asleep while reading like that. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2003, 07:09 AM   #27
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

won't your skin be soggy and easily peeled off if you stay too long on the bath tub?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 10:51 AM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
won't your skin be soggy and easily peeled off if you stay too long on the bath tub?
Easily peeled off ? Dude, i don't know about you, but i'm not a Klingon or something.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:54 PM   #29
wellard
Dracolisk

I shower 3 times a day some days. it helps having two showers in the house and a lot of gas heated hot water [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] But strangely enough on day shift I will not shower before going to work as I wake up about 4:30 AM. Unless of course something happened during the night to make me perspire [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] When I come home the first thing I do is shower to become human, then I kiss the wife and kids hello!

However on weekends and days off I shower 3 times a day at least. morning, before bed, and every time I change to go out or get dirty around the house. For soap I use a tee tree oil version because it is mildly antiseptic and at work I get very dirty - and smelly [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:39 PM   #30
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

there is no shower at my place... just a plain ol' fashioned claw-footed bathtub