Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2001, 08:45 AM   #131
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
If you dont believe the storys from people who have near death experiences and have seen the light and stuff you should listen to the atheist that were mean bitter people that were flatlining and during that time there was a big black hole instead of light or got a warning from someone they knew that died to turn back and make changes in their life and showed them some of hell. MAAAAAAAAAN that is spooky.

I've been near death. The blood supply to the brain is reduced and all sorts of wierd stuff can happen. Perhaps it is Spiritual, perhaps it is a mental projection similar to a dream. Who can say? Certainly no-one can prove it either way.

Same with "out of body experiences". Unless an Astral traveller brings back tangible proof that there experience was not a mental creation - ie knowledge of say a third partys actions they could not have known unless they were there -then it too falls into the realm of the unknown.

Regarding "proof", people can interpret a single sentence differently let alone an experience. To one person the conclusion is that we are SOuls experiencing humanity, to another it is not.

Interpretation, opinion, conclusion. We all draw our own - even if spoon fed the meat and potatoes. I'll vigorously defend my beliefs as I believe them to be true, but consider what I say to be a proclaimation of my opinion - not of hard and fast fact.

Exploring alternatives with an open mind either changes your stance or strengthens the existing stance.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 09:43 AM   #132
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
Well, F, it appears to me as if you already know the answers... but are shut down to them. When you have the evidence slamming you in the face and refuse to see it - well... I don't know what to tell you.

Hi, Charean

No, i don't think I am 'shut down' to the answers - but I would think that wouldn't I?
And as for evidence slamming me in the face - well, IS it evidence? There are sound medical/physical explanations for both experiences, as well as spiritual ones.
Being a pretty practical person (with spiritual yearnings!) I tend to go for the practical, physical answer. But that does not mean I think I am definitely right! I don't know. I'd like to know. I expect to die and stay dead, but I sure would be pleased to find I was still alive and kicking afterwards! (Well - always provided it was nice 'out there', lol!)
I KNOW nobody can really answer my questions 'cos none of us really know anything about it, even if we think we do, but I like debate, I like argumentation, (NOT argument!) and I keep hoping that someday something will 'click'!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 09:49 AM   #133
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yorick? Hi! Thanks for your comments. What a nice, balanced man you are, lol! I love discussing things with you, 'cos even when I get steamed up you are so reasonable and calm!
You should be a MOD!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 06:00 AM   #134
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Yorick? Hi! Thanks for your comments. What a nice, balanced man you are, lol! I love discussing things with you, 'cos even when I get steamed up you are so reasonable and calm!
You should be a MOD!

No worries

or should I say: No no no thankYOU

------------------

Old 05-27-2001, 06:08 AM   #135
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Dont worry be happy now OOHOO!

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 10:12 AM   #136
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Dont worry be happy now OOHOO!

I remember that song. Don't forget the whistle while you do it

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp
Old 05-27-2001, 11:18 PM   #137
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Did you ever read the responses to your last message to me BTW. I am hesitant to discuss with you for fear you will see me as "lambasting" your argument until it is dead.

No hard fellings on my part, just wondering if you read my response.

I take it this means no, and that someone has hard feelings.

Pity.

------------------

Old 05-27-2001, 11:23 PM   #138
DarkPiper
Dungeon Master

I'm falling back on Groa's Theorem*: "I don't know, and you don't either!"

I think that I, or some part of me, will go somewhere else. But I'm not 100%, and it's not that important to me.

There's only one way to find out for sure, and I'm too fond of living just yet.

Dark Piper

*A fairly well-known "heretic" in Asatru.
DarkPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 11:20 PM   #139
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, I believe in Heaven! Jesus says "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my fathers house there are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

We Win folks! This makes me feel like singing: I'm going to heaven when I die, I'm going to heaven bye and bye! WOOHOOO! I'M GOING TO HEAVEN!

------------------

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 06-15-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 03:18 AM   #140
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I regret to inform you the greeks were right and since you did not show the proper respect to zeus hades awaits you

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote