Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 12:38 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

As one of the first steps to make Ironworks a more friendly and fun forum, I wanted to post a message and thank you all for making IW Forum such an awesome place to hang out--without you guys, IW is nothing! You guys make it a fun place!!

I just wanted to post a note, because I want every single one of you to know you can contact ME personally about ANY problem you are having, be it ANY member, ANY situation, or problem you may have here now, or in the future. I want to make IW a place you enjoy to visit, and if you see any problems with anyone, you can feel free to PM or email me at any time. Remember, no one can hack PM's or emails, and only I read them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the coming Months (this Fall and Winter) you will be seeing many new features and helping areas for new users to make sigs, easy instructions on how to make a gif, how to use UBB code and html--are a few things you will see soon.

As you know, unlike huge corporate forums, I take a very personal touch to the Forum, and I think that helps make the 'family' feeling we have had here, and that's why I want to expand that, and bring it back, even MORE!

I know some of you have had some feelings hurt from the War Forum and the current Current Events forum as well. Should we get rid of that forum? for the greater good? I would like your comments on this issue, as I feel that forum has caused more damage, and hurt feelings, than good. Let me know on this.

My PM Box is now totally empty, so drop me a line (Ziroc) by clicking on the PM feature. If it becomes full, please email me at webmaster@ironworksforum.com. --NEW users ideas/comments are valued equally as Older members -- I know some Newer members have been worried to 'rock the boat'. Don't feel that way, everyone was a new member at some moment

Thanks guys! (Yeah, guys includes gals)

[ 10-17-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-17-2003, 12:53 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Great Z! How`s the money going? Will you make it? It really is DA BEST forum I ever visited! Thank you all! You are probably my second family! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 04:04 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I want every single one of you to know you can contact ME personally about ANY problem you are having, be it ANY member, ANY situation, or problem you may have here now, or in the future.
I've got a problem, Z. The batteries in my TV remote just died, can you help me? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I want every single one of you to know you can contact ME personally about ANY problem you are having, be it ANY member, ANY situation, or problem you may have here now, or in the future.
I've got a problem, Z. The batteries in my TV remote just died, can you help me? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]SURE I can! [img]smile.gif[/img] Go buy some new batteries! Duh..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-17-2003, 04:36 PM   #5
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
I know some of you have had some feelings hurt from the War Forum and the current Current Events forum as well. Should we get rid of that forum? for the greater good?
Well, don't you think its better to segregate the threads like that into a seperate area, so that those who are going to have hurt feelings can avoid it rather then having some of the topics spill over into the general discussion?
Old 10-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I like the CE forum, and I liked the War Forum. People who don't play Arx Fatalis don't go to that forum, and people who don't like to argue politics don't go to CE. Not everything is for everyone. Not everyone cares about politics, or cares enough to follow it. But, for some of us, it's the best thing about the IW forums.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:09 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I like the CE forum too. If you should take it down, and someone has the urge to discuss about events in Iraq for instance, the thread will end up in GD anyway. Might just as well keep those discussions seperated from the lighter chatter here in GD.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The Current Events Forum is absolutely a keeper. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I don't get to participate as much as I used to, but it is a great asset to IW, and as johnny said if you remove it people will talk about them in GD anyway.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:17 PM   #9
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I have to add my thanks to this list. Ironworks is the best forum I have been to. To think it all started out as help on BG2. I used to only hang around the BG2 forum, but overcame my shyness ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and peeked in the GD. I love it here, always hang around here in the afternoons, and I feel privileged to be part of this great community. IW also helped me find my faith (thanks again, Lady Cloudbringer!!) and has helped me with a few minor issues. Not to mention the amount of technical help I've asked for! [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I want to thank the mods and Z for making this a safe place to talk, and for keeping the forums in order. This is the only forum I have returned to time and time again, and I hope to do so for many years. Thanks again, and best wishes!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 05:45 PM   #10
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

* Making myself available here! *

Seriously, I'm all for making sigs for users and new avatars! Drop me a line and I'll let my creative self on the loose!

Background: been drawing cartoons (mostly anime and marvel stuff) for well over 12 years now. Been slacking it lately due to my college period, but I still enjoy it when I go on a creative frenzy