Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 03:42 AM   #1
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finally got all four monkey idols and the figurine and the wand and then I went back to the big snake room and sprinkled incense on the Brazier, followed by spider nectar and then used the wand to call up Xydusa, the snake spirit.

Xydusa didn't do anything except dance around. Then I checked the walkthrough to see if I had missed anything and I had. I forgot to place the figurine on that central yellow pedastal to retrieve the book of Serpents.

So I went back to get the book. As I was leaving Xydusa said Infedels! Let my venom soothe your souls. I retrieved the Servant's book and when I got back to the Brazier, Xydusa was gone and I can't get her to come back. I had already saved after calling her up. Can anyone please advice me on what I should do? Because I am stuck.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 04:31 AM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

If you didn't retrieve the book of the servant, go check out page 3 of the best tips for the lyrics. Did you try hailing the spirit to get it to talk to you?

If that doesn't work, post back and I'm sure someone will come up with the right solution.

Good luck
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 08:52 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Big Dave from Big Dave (aka Davros),

I don't recall any problem with simply recalling Xydusa by just repeating the ritual (provided you have all the reagents). I am pretty sure I managed to get her back up after she bit me, although it is possible I reloaded to avoid the bad poison damage I suffered.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 09:17 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Big Dave -

Did you manage to call her back up??

(remember to save often and in different slots!)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 09:16 PM   #5
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried reciting the words to Xydusa but as soon as I type the first line and enter she says Infedels! Let my venom soothe your souls and dissapears. She does this before I can even finish typing the rest of the book's contents.

So I go back and get the book and come back and she's gone. So I type the words EXACTLY as I'm supposed to but nothing happens. She doesn't come back

I guess I'll go get some more incense and spider nectar, then come back and see if that works.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:00 AM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

Yeah, you have to go through the whole ritual again (incence, nectar...). Then you have to recite the CORRECT lines from the book. They are in a different order each time, so write them down on a piece of paper for reference during the ritual, and respond with the appropriate phrase after she gives you each leading phrase. That should do it.

------------------
JonII
jsalsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 10:19 AM   #7
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It worked!!!. I even managed to finish the Temple. After that I went back to the O room and opened up the rest of the doors and looted the treasure chests. The one thing I didn't do was go into Kerah's room. I found the secret entrance but didn't have the Heretic key. I thought I had it because I talked to that guy (Kol?)outside before I entered for the first time. I think he asked if I planned on entering the Temple. Anyway, why didn't he give me the key? Is it too late to get it now? And finally, isn't that the same Kerah where my Paladin in training has to say Sanctus Holy? If it is and I can't get into that room then my warrior will never complete his Paladin training.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:31 AM   #8
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Big Dave! Are you certain one of your characters did not receive the key from, Kol? If you are, then maybe you didn't say the right things to him.? If this is so, and the key is not laying on the ground somewhere out where you met him, it is too late to get the key, unless Wyv will help you by providing it. I don't think you absolutely need it though. Can do a search for threads to see. The statue for the Paladin quest is outside I believe, not the one in the secret room in the temple. I forget exactly where, but can do a search and bump up the map or location for you. You can also look in best tips thread or here: http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.htlm

Hope this is helpful! I didn't want you to have to go too long without getting an answer.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 10:41 AM   #9
Big Dave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the advice mammawlin. I went through the inventory of all my characters and didn't have it. I would know if I had it because I didn't do the quest all at once. I went back to town and ID'd and sold everything. All I have is a Serpent key, Monkey key and one other key I just obtained near the end. I'll go back and look around tonight after work. And I do remember seeing a Statue of Kerah in the Valeia part of the world when I was just starting out. Maybe that's the statue for the Paladin quest.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:33 PM   #10
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Big Dave, Wyv can help with that key if you email her. I will search for threads about the Paladin quests and bump up a good one for you. See you later.

p.s. I bumped up "paladin quest question" for you to read.

Mammawlin

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 06-14-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote