Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #1
browns1977
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all,

Things are going well in my game. But I have 2 bags of holding and 2 scroll cases. Each is linked to each other. For example I have a scroll case on my character and 1 on Arie. When I look in Arie's I see the same scrolls that are in mine. Same thing with the bag of holding on my character. Jaheria has a bag of holding too. Which ever bag of holding I look in I see that same items. I only have SoA and I have it patched with the offical patch. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
browns1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:30 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Did you bring one bag in your inventory via ShadowKeeper?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:35 AM   #3
theGrimm
Manshoon

That's the way it works, in my experience. If you buy more than one container of the same type, including gem bags, scroll cases, etc. then they link to the same space.

So really, you can only have one. I guess it's the way the coded the game; each type of container access the same area in game-memory.

I guess what Xen is getting at is that there is only one bag of holding to be gotten in SoA, so to have two is...wierd. But I don't think that SK'ing a bag in is the cause of the linking.
theGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:18 AM   #4
browns1977
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No I don't have shadow keeper. I just edited the baulder.ini file and use the cntrl space to make items. I really just did it for the bag of holding and a couple of other items. I guess having multiple bags or holding, scroll cases, etc is just too darn handy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help,
Old 08-24-2004, 11:22 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Xen got it right. Only the method of implementaton was different.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I believe the Ease of Use Mod corrects this problem, though. I had the same problem in my first game. I got the one legit Bag of Holding then tried to CLUA a second one in - only to find that it contained the same items. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

But my solo Bard is currently carrying 2 scroll cases, 2 gem bags, 1 potion case, 1 wolfskin Bag (from Coppor Coronet guard) and 1 bag of holding (brought in by SK (because I still needed more room to carry the treasure I was finding) and the inventory for each container is kept separate from the others. [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #7
browns1977
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Will the easy of use mod affect my saved games or anything? I haven't installed any mods yet. But I would like to install it if possible.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2004, 03:09 PM   #8
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I might be wrong about this, but isn't there more than one bag of holding that you can CLUA in? Just CLUA one in that isn't already used in the game, there's bound to be at least one. And that should mean you won't have the "Linked Bags" problem.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:55 AM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There is another bag of holding in ToB, if you have that installed, that is.

[ 08-25-2004, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:53 AM   #10
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

browns1977's problem also comes from a store mod. I didn't shadowkeep, CLUA or edit any files in one of my recent games but I did download the SorcerorsPlaceItemPack and the Dark Ritual, and both of those have merchants selling scroll cases and bags of holding. I don't know for sure which mod it was but I got the same bug. I guess whoever created the mod made the packs the way you all are describing maybe(?).