Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 07:27 PM   #1
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

SPOILER

I just finished the game with a sorcerer. I must say, I have never played such a game where I have been so emotional in fighting THE villain. My goal has always been, in games, to be fantastic at it, kick some ass, and win because that's what the final objective is. But in THIS, I wanted Irenicus DEAD. I was actually enfuriated and wanted nothing more than to destroy him. I was a little disappointed in the nill-satisfaction I was given when I beat him. His death was not glorified enough. He should have been more shocked... should have been more horrified. I must say... I've never wanted to actually KILL THE DAMNED guy at the end for any other purpose than just to win. In this, I actually felt something personal. I'm still pissed off.
Old 05-10-2001, 07:32 PM   #2
Elhardo
The Magister

Spoiler
I don't know why but I actually felt a little sorry for both him and Bohdi....I must say I wasn't too fond of Ellisme....It was a bit shady, I mean she only exiled him beacause he wanted to become a god.....IS that SOOOOOOO wrong ...
Nah I agree, the game does stir some emotions...Like the Yoshimo but ;( poor guy!
OH and ANY bit of dialoge with minsc
Don't you just wish he was real so you could hug him
Old 05-10-2001, 07:33 PM   #3
Elhardo
The Magister

sorry abou the overuse fo smiley faces
did that counteract it?
Old 05-10-2001, 07:36 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Nah!! Smilies are good!!

He deserves to die many painful deaths!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 08:21 PM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
a odd thing about one of minsc dialougs is the one where he says he wished he could take boo too Rasheema er,,i forget how to spell it anyway..he says somthing about a snow covered bow and then says "That would look odd let me tell you" when he said that he seemed more....real somehow to me
Old 05-10-2001, 11:34 PM   #6
Floraowe
The Magister

Quote:
a odd thing about one of minsc dialougs is the one where he says he wished he could take boo too Rasheema er,,i forget how to spell it anyway..he says somthing about a snow covered bow and then says "That would look odd let me tell you" when he said that he seemed more....real somehow to me
and the dialogue where he sees some squirrels and want to give them some nuts...that is my favourite Minsc quote ever
Old 05-10-2001, 11:51 PM   #7
Nostron
Manshoon

Spoiler (minoro one though
<
<
<
<
u guys want dialogs for Minsc, bring him when try to convince that guys in brywanl(that island place) that ur crazy.
this is the funniest conversation in the game. And the pirate ends up telling that ur all crazy because of Minsc.
it's hecka funny

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 05-11-2001, 12:05 AM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

hahaha i loved that part where he asks "should you have a wooden leg and a talking parrot" hahahaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
Old 05-11-2001, 03:17 PM   #9
Vampire

I wish he was harder to kill!
I used three spells:
breach
true sight
breach

...boring!!!!!! Yawnn..........
I hope they make the demons harder...no one in my party got heart in the final battle!
Old 05-11-2001, 05:31 PM   #10
Tancred
White Dragon

It's very well-built up, isn't it? The end confrontation, I mean. You are presented with that simple ultimatum - The One Who Wins, Lives. No saving the world, no rescuing anyone - it's just straight law-of-the-jungle. Your NPCs, demonstrating exceptional loyalty in following you to Hell - start their cries of defiance, almost like a Pep-talk; especially Minsc's final cry of "SWORD, MEET EVIL!!!" (yes, we all like the guy) And then that's it - your blood's so UP you want a piece of Irenicus right there and then.
As for Irenicus' reaction to his death, well... he is cold. And almost devoid of any feeling. I wonder how he doesn't understand he's going to lose; he tries to keep you locked up in Athkatla, and fails. He leaves you to die in Spellhold, but you don't. He thinks Bodhi can keep the magic lamp safe, and she doesn't. He thinks he can beat you at the Tree of Life, and he dies. By this point, I'm quite impressed with his refusal to admit to the facts.
But I DID enjoy the final scene, with the mad mage screaming his frustration to the pits of Hell before going under. "Take THAT, you BAR STEWARD!" I cried, or something like that.

Tancred

Wow, did I feel good at the end - and hungry for more when I saw the Bhaalcultists plot my death. Oooo.