Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 12:20 AM   #11
hailitho
The Magister

spending 4hrs on one fight is not my idea of fun. this is bs.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:41 AM   #12
LightBlade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No one said it was easy... heck, i just finished the game like 15 mins ago... i had 2 chars wiped out. but then once i changed to slayer. it was smooth sailing.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:44 AM   #13
Pennance
The Magister

The key is not to actually look at the Trool, or not let him into your sight. What you have to do is not even get off of the raised platform when you cast Entangle and/or Stinking Cloud. Then fire the fireballs/cloudkills right at the edge of the darkness. Get the pre-emptive strike. Also try the Priest fire spells and Melf's Acid Arrows.
Old 05-13-2001, 12:59 AM   #14
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Summon , summon, SUMMON..... summoning spells comes in handy in these situations.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 01:29 AM   #15
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

here is a handy little trick i picked up on my third attemp to start a game. dont do the nalia's keep first. it isnt required. you can do lots of other ones first. build up levels.
the torgal problem is the reason i first found ironworks . doing searches for help with that part.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-13-2001, 02:23 AM   #16
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Dont divide your attacks between the trolls. Concrentrate everything on one troll at time then move on to the next otherwise they will keep regenerating and you will triple the difficulty of the battle.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-13-2001, 03:56 AM   #17
Epona
Zartan

I have never fired wands or spells into the 'fog of war' for this battle.

My tactic is:
1. Cast Haste, Bless, Chant and any stoneskin spells available on my party
2. Edge forward with a character in stealth mode and lure Torgal out by himself
3. Have my best fighter (equipped with health potions) engage him in melee combat while the others use their best missiles/arrows/bolts or acid & fire arrow spells.
This way I don't have many problems and I ALWAYS do this quest straight after coming out of Irenicus' dungeon (at least as soon as I have picked up some NPCs!).

Caleb is right, the most important tactic is to concentrate on 1 enemy at a time as the regeneration rate is astounding.
The other important point is to use the Haste spell - it speeds up your attacks and this is really the only sure way of beating Torgal's regeneration if you engage him in straight combat.

Good luck! It can be done at any level, if one strategy doesn't work, try something different!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #18
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I don´t know what all the fuzz is about, i just had Yoshimo lay some traps, summoned some creatures and then lured them into my death trap.