Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2003, 03:07 AM   #1
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Why do I say this? It's a long story, so stick with me (and don't laugh at me).

I write fanfiction. I've said it and I'm not ashamed of it; I have no life because I have no money, and I have no money because I have no life [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

On monday, I found four juicy flames in my inbox from little kids who were annoyed that I told them that spellchecking and paragraphing were not optional, etc.

One of them said this...

"I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T APOLOGIZE TO HER AND TO ANYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE YOU HAVE INSULTED I WILL HACK INTO THIS SYSTEM AND SEND YOU A GLITCHED EMAIL THAT WILL CRASH AND DECOMPOSE YOUR COMPUTER'S DATABASE. IF YOUR FATHER HELPED CRACK THE JAPANESE CODE FOR THE MILITARY IN THE GULF WAR, THEN YOU WOULDN'T DOUBT ME."

*Sporfle*

First thing first: We were fighting the Japanese in the Gulf? Damn, that's the second best secret of the entire thing!
Second: my computer will decompose? Yeah, if it was made of elephant dung or something .
Third: Cracking codes is nothing like hacking computers, especially as the "Japanese" code that his father helped crack was basically Japanese with a few odd symbols thrown in.

Nevertheless, it's the Japanese quote which makes me think that Canada doesn't teach history anymore.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:44 AM   #2
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
First thing first: We were fighting the Japanese in the Gulf? Damn, that's the second best secret of the entire thing!

They got me there too......

But, you can't blame little kids for getting everything wrong. They were probably so exicted that they could finally 'out' there frustrations at someone, that they started to be a little too imaginative!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Well, look on the bright side, at least he knew there was a war.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:51 AM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Welcome to Ironworks, Pikachu_PM! You're from the Outer Banks? How are things since Hurricane Isabel hit last month?

[ 10-09-2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 10-09-2003, 11:57 AM   #5
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Yeah, my house held up just fine. I live in Kill Devil Hills...Hatteras got ****'d up pretty bad. Only thing that is annoying is that I work at a development selling houses (Where I am now in fact) and we haven't been very busy since the hurricane. Wouldn't be too big a deal, but I just graduated college and the sudden slow down is making me nervous.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:09 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

People who get annoyed by writers pointing out you need to use some form of punctuation and grammar are the exact people you would expect to find looking to fight Japanese in the Arabian peninsula.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:13 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Kaltia it sounds to me like this kid has his grandfathers story telling abilities. I could have sworn it was Iraq in the Gulf War myself, but then again I only barely passed my history classes.

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Welcome to Ironworks, Pikachu!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 10-09-2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-09-2003, 12:15 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] That's a good one, Kaltia! Decomposed...well, I suppose they might mean your pc will start UN-writing all your fan fics. *snicker* But it really is a funny email, Kat!

Did you answer?

I can just see the look on the kid's face when you inquire if his/her computer has 'decomposed' lately and what is it made of.....and do be sure and ask if the Japanese government knows they were working codes in the Gulf! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 12:16 PM   #9
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
People who get annoyed by writers pointing out you need to use some form of punctuation and grammar are the exact people you would expect to find looking to fight Japanese in the Arabian peninsula.
Well, it would depend on the context behind the statment. I consider myself to be a fairly educated guy, and I would get annoyed if anybody started pointing out grammatical errors in an AIM convo. Of course, thats assuming the the errors aren't out of hand.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] That's a good one, Kaltia! Decomposed...well, I suppose they might mean your pc will start UN-writing all your fan fics. *snicker* But it really is a funny email, Kat!

Did you answer?
I inquired if anybody had noticed at the last minute that his dad was cracking the wrong country's codes, and what they said ^^.

"Sir! We've cracked the Japanese code!"
"But we're not fighting the Japanese! What did it say anyway?"
""We have ten thousand Sega Megadrives ready for exportation to the United States", Sir!"

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.