Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 08:22 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

I lent my next door neighboor Warcraft 3(damn thats such a good game) he invited me over and we watched the intro together and I was surprised. The movies were so so so so so much clearer and brighter. You can actually see the human and the Orc's faces in my computor their faces are covered with shadows almost impossible to see and I am kinda [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] at that. How do I do the same as my neighbor I would ask him just that I forgot to ask him on that day and he just left on a trip to somewheres.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

You need to set your device gamma. I use Adobe Gamma (which comes with photoshop) but you should be able to find a setting under your device settings for the desktop. Right click on the desktop, select "properties". Hit the "settings" tab. At the bottom, you'll see an "advanced" button. Click it and some hardware-specific pages will appear. On one of these pages, there will be a way to set your colour-correction and screen brightness settings. (On my nVidia GeForce2 adapter, it's under the "twinview" page. Device Settings -> colour correction)

Without a program like Adobe Gamma to help you judge grayness and shadow depth, it's a hit-or-miss situation (especially if you haven't any experience in colour correction as I do) but it should help you brighten up your screen.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:42 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, I have adobe gamma as well.

It even has a little gamma wizard for first-timers!

It's a fun little tool.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:35 PM   #4
Mr_Krift
Zhentarim Guard

or maybe get a new com....
Old 01-31-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Err can't you just turn your monitor brightness and contrast up?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-01-2003, 04:51 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

What kind of Video Card and Moniter do you have ?? Do you have the latest version of Direct X ??
Old 02-01-2003, 05:17 AM   #7
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Well you know computers arent ps2 and some suck and some are good.. and the ones that were good.. well after two year.. they still good but they not so good.. and is a little quicker than the times between NES and then SNES and then N64, and then GameCube.. but very similar... the thing with the pc is.. it helps to have super smart computer guy decide what the insides of the machine will be when you buys it.. but in two or three years even super smarty can't hold back time..

[ 02-01-2003, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 02-01-2003, 05:13 PM   #8
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
That works to a point, Vaskez, but if you're gamma is set low enough (and the windows default is quite dark) you still won't see everything you want to see, I know that was the case with my 15" Daytek I had before I got the 19" Trinitron.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
That works to a point, Vaskez, but if you're gamma is set low enough (and the windows default is quite dark) you still won't see everything you want to see, I know that was the case with my 15" Daytek I had before I got the 19" Trinitron.[/QUOTE]Yeah I had an old monitor when I was younger and when I didn't know that much about comps. THat was way too dark. My dad took the monitor apart and adjusted something inside and it was like way brighter. On my current monitor which I've had for 2.5 years, it's about right for windows with the brightness and contrast on about 50% so it's a pretty good monitor.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray