Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2002, 12:18 AM   #11
Azred
Drow Priestess

Yes, they are really tough if you're not ready. What difficulty level are you playing? Mages casting Web to trap some and clerics turning undead to drive others away should help. Assault those who get webbed with spells and/or ranged weapons.
hmmmm.....I'm probably telling you things you already know. I do that sometimes. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 01:32 PM   #12
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Azred, Thanks! I'm not much for mages & range attacks, so I'll try it. My cleric is 5th lvl & paladin is 3rd. They haven't had any luck turning even the accompanying skeletons. I'm also thinking of luring the bad guys to the doorway to keep them from surrounding me. I've tried using cleric spells to bolster the party before the fight. I can't tell if they help. Also, where are the spells coming from? I probably need to get my mages up in levels to match my fighters. I can try using scripts too. Or, is it better to control them myself? It seems like there isn't enough time to control each one.
Off topic, why am I an Elite Waterdeep Guard? I'm more of a ranger or druid type.
Anyone may feel free to E-mail me on these topics. Thanks!
Finn
Old 05-12-2002, 12:08 AM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

A 5th level cleric should be able to at least turn some of the undead you encounter here. The problem with turning is that once you click on the skull icon your cleric may neither cast spells nor attack--their attention is focused on repulsing the undead.
Casting Chant or Prayer before a battle never hurts; the +1 for your party and the -1 for your enemies could make all the difference.
"Where are the spells coming from?" Do you mean where can you find spells? Orrick the Grey sells scroll in Kuldahar; you have probably also found some through your journey in the Vale.
Outfit all fighters and thieves with some sort of bow; a total of 4 people who may use a bow makes for a quick death if all 4 focus their attacks upon one foe.
I don't use scripts; an "old school" micromanager--that's me! Pause the battle, then give everyone their orders.
Finally, you are an Elite Waterdeep Guard simply because of the number of posts to the board you have made. It's nothing personal, believe me. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 04:53 PM   #14
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Azred,
Thanks! I meant the spells that attack the party and hurt me.
I'm loaded w/ spells & scrolls.
Also, thanks for the info on the Guard thing.
Have a good week!
Finn