Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

...I just came home from seeing it and holy... eh something, it is good, finally a watchable Batman movie.
...some spoilers follow...

It was just weird but the scenes that were supposed to be in Tibet were shot in Iceland and it was so weird seeing it, specially the shot at the airport, it was so Icelandic... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Christian Bale absolutly rocks as Batman.

The story is the weakest part, but the whole movie just looks so good you don't really care... cause you know, it's Batman... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just a very good movie. 8/10

[ 06-15-2005, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Good news. It sure looked good for the previews. Now I need to find time to go. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 03:42 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

The newspaper that I read (for the Dutchies, the NRC) didn't think it was that good of a movie. But I wasn't surprised; they only like weird movies (think unknown Tibetan directors and you're alright), and hate special effects and/or science fiction. You can imagine what they said about Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

They thought Christian Bale was not the best actor portraying Batman, saying that Michael Keaton and George Clooney did a better job at being 'Batman the ladiesman' than him. "He looked fake"

Anyways, I don't know if I will go out and see the movie. Not only am I short of cash, I also have lots and lots to do the coming weeks, so I don't think I can spare the time to visit the cinema.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #4
TiliaLyn
Dungeon Master

The previews did look good, but I was worried - like with some other movie's previews - the the previews were the only good parts. PS - the bat-tank looked cool.

Can't wait to see it.

On a totally unrelated note: I also heard the Mr. and Mrs. Smith was actually very funny. Speaking of tanks - I thought that one would have.
TiliaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:09 AM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

I can't believe they said George Clooney was better batman... Keaton I can see, but Clooney? jesus... the whole Batman and Robin movie made me physically sick.

I think Bale is just more believeable as a.. well human being than any previous Batmans. Not to mention, and I hope I don't spoil anything here, there is a big question about Waynes sanity... just like in the first movie
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I can't believe they said George Clooney was better batman... Keaton I can see, but Clooney? jesus... the whole Batman and Robin movie made me physically sick.

I think Bale is just more believeable as a.. well human being than any previous Batmans. Not to mention, and I hope I don't spoil anything here, there is a big question about Waynes sanity... just like in the first movie
You misread me, I didn't say they thought Clooney made a better Batman, but that Clooney played the ladylover-part of Batman way better than Christian Bale did.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I'd say Bale did a better job of portraying the attitude that being a playboy was just an annoying cover story. And I'd call it a tossup between Bale & Keaton to say who played the better Batman overall.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:16 PM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

This Batman is the best. Hands down.

The scenes were amazing and also human. Everything was explained it showed the brains behind every move. Smart.

The Batmobile was...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #9
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Believable? Yeah, I liked the Batmobile, as well.
Actually, just saw the movie, and I thought it was great! But they didn't leave it open for a sequel at all!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I liked it a lot. My only complaint is that the fight scenes were poorly shot. Back the camera up some, and choreograph a real fight. Don't just flash a bunch of close up images, you hacks!