Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I give it 0.5 stars. It sucks. Avoid it. If you, like me, find yourself watching and waiting for it to get better or surprise you -- give up! It won't happen!

Please, if you love someone, DON'T let them waste their brain cells watching this movie.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I liked it. I thought it was much better than The Ring. At least this one I found a bit scary. The little boy was creepy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Timber you might like this: http://members.cox.net/spoonyone/Rant-JuOnTheGrudge.htm a rather amusing look at the movie

for some rants on other movies, the main site

http://members.cox.net/spoonyone/index.html
Old 03-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Thanks for the heads up on the movie I was wanting to rent it for work this week. But maybe I will have to look at getting something else.

Anyone see Troy? Was it any good.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Troy got equally hammered by the critics, but it's much better than the Grudge. At least I didn't feel like I was totally being insulted the whole time I watched it. And at least the special effects aren't just some crappy white make up and a guttural noise anybody can make.

I shoulda known the Grudge would be horrible when I put it in the DVD. 1st scene --> Bill Pullman. Bill Pullman has been in some movies that didn't suck, but it was always *in spite of* his presence, not *because of* it. ID4 was an okay movie, but certain things really threatened to make it a stinker -- Bill Pullman chief amongst them. The only time Bill Pullman ever made anything funny was in that movie Mr. Right he made with Ellen Degeneres, in which he never seemed to get the joke that the producers were making fun of HIM as well as the character he played. He sucks. I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire. Well, okay I would. But, then I'd light him right back up again. Bill Pullman can look at the camera and say, "Hi, I'm Bill Pullman" and make it sound fake and insincere. [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Now, in the Grudge, Bill Pullman went on to take a header off a balcony in that first scene, so I thought there may be hope. After all, how bad can a movie be if it kills Bill Pullman off in scene 1, right? Wrong. It's told out of sequence, so I got the extreme *PLEASURE* of seeing him return in subsequent flashbacks. Seriously, watching this movie was like hitting myself in the head with a hammer -- it felt good when I *stopped.*

[ 03-22-2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 03-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

The Grudge... isn't this the one with the cat sounding child? [img]tongue.gif[/img] The commercials didn't impress me one bit.

Mack- I didn't think Troy was that bad... at least not as bad as many reviews said.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote