Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 03:05 AM   #1
Zaks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi I am very big fan of WIzardry 8 ...
I just wonder does someone have a charts - for a multiclass characters. I mean:
Does someone know for a simple hero class which classes are available to go multiclass later.
For example - can I make bishop - later - fighter ... I have lvl 18 bishops but they cant go fighters - they can only go priest mages and psionics ... Which atrributes makes a charracter to be able to go a different clas. Is it strength for fighters - and inteligance for mages ??? If I increase my str will I be able later to switch to fighter ??? ... If anyone can provide this information pls answer here or contact me at:

scorpion121@hotpop.com

Thank you,
-Zaks
Zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 04:22 AM   #2
kryptobeats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

when you look at your character sheet pull down the class menu, if the class is highlited your able to multiclass to it, if not your missing points in a specific area....right click on the desired class and it will tell you the minimum requirements....should anyway.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:38 AM   #3
ChaosTheorist
Manshoon

To change to a given class, the character must meet the minimum attribute requirements for that class. I.e., as listed in the manual, the minimum attributes for a Fighter are STR 55, VIT 50, and DEX 50. Conversely, a Bishop must have INT 55, PIE 55, DEX 55, and SEN 55. So you'd have to pump up the Bishop's STR to 55 and VIT to 50 before that Bishop would be elegible to change to a Fighter.
ChaosTheorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:34 AM   #4
Zaks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, the same as I thought ... Can someone pls scan the game manual and post it online ... It will be interesting to read this tricky things in it...
thank you,
-Zaks
Old 06-20-2003, 08:47 AM   #5
ChaosTheorist
Manshoon

Quote:
Yeah, the same as I thought ... Can someone pls scan the game manual and post it online ... It will be interesting to read this tricky things in it...
The manual is 140 pages, so I doubt anyone's going to scan the whole thing. And why do so? You got the manual when you bought the game; if you didn't get a manual, take it back to where you bought it and demand the full package that you paid for.
ChaosTheorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:51 AM   #6
Zaks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nah in my country they sell it without manual ... at a lower price ... so once again if anyone can scan it and post it - I will be very gratefull.

-Zaks
Old 06-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

actually, while we're on the topic; how can you tell what abilities a character needs in order to learn a spell. Does it have to do with Int. + Piety, or the lvl of skill or even the lvl of that sphere. I can't find this in the manual, strategy guide on even on the spell book itself?
Old 06-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The European versions of the game have the manual on CD only. Check out the discs and you should find it there. Somewhere.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
Cataephract
Dungeon Master

This should answer the question regarding what skills one needs to cast a spell:
This is on Jandrall's site.

SKILLLEVEL AND SPELLS
" To become eligible to learn new higher level spells for your class, you have to meet 2 requirements: 1) minimum level in *THAT* class (not overall), and 2) minimum skill, for*THAT* spell's spellbook & realm.
1) Minimum Level requirement:
Pure Caster Classes: Mage, Priest, Psionic, Alchemist, Bishop
Hybrid Caster Classes: Monk, Ninja, Ranger, Samurai, Lord, Valkyrie

Spell Level .... Min. Class Level
................. PURE .. HYBRID
1 ................ 1 ....... 5
2 ................ 3 ....... 7
3 ................ 5 ....... 9
4 ................ 8 ...... 12
5 ............... 11 ...... 15
6 ............... 14 ...... 18
7 ............... 18 ...... 22
2) Minimum Skill Requirement To calculate your effective skill level for a given spell:
* Take your highest spellbook skill (Wizardry, Divinity, Psionics, Alchemy) that the spell in question appears in. Important for bishops or class- changed characters, since many spells appear in multiple books.
* Add 10% of your *natural* skill in that spell's realm. This doesn't include temporary skill bonuses such as those from items.

Spell Lvl ..... Min. Effective Skill Lvl
1 .................. 0
2 .................. 15
3 .................. 30
4 .................. 45
5 .................. 60
6 .................. 75
7 .................. 90
It's not as complicated as it sounds. Example: A mage, a pure caster, must be level 5 AND have an effective skill of 30 to learn Fireball, a third level Fire realm Mage spell. If he has 30+ skill in Wizardry, he's all set. He could also qualify if he has, say 28 in Wizardry and 20+ in Fire skill (10% rule). Hope this helps...

-----signature-----

Alex Meduna Wizardry 8 Lead Gameplay Programmer/Designer "
Old 06-20-2003, 12:39 PM   #10
Zaks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:
The European versions of the game have the manual on CD only. Check out the discs and you should find it there. Somewhere.

Nightowl2
The disks are not in me right now - I gave them to my cousin to play the game (I play with no-cd crack) ... so pls can u upload the manual somewhere - it should not be a problem - I mean it is not that big ,isnt it? Please ...

-Zaks