Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 10:42 PM   #1
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

On my leader's info after I've finished the Hand it listed him as having a Thaco of -30. I am pretty sure that is imposible on greater god like Tempus could have a thaco of -30.

and My illusionist Thief 7/7 has a natural Thaco 0f 11 while my second fighter lv 8 has a thaco of 13 and he has the second best equipement after my leader. while the Gnome has only 3 hand stuff it's amost imposible that he has better thaco than a seasoned warrior with a two handed sword +2 that gives a bonus dex point with a mastery of Great swords.

I think it's only afected the info screen not game play cause my guy with -30 thaco missed two hit againt an orog. anyone had this bug?
Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #2
sirgwayne

Strahd Von Zarovich,
I Never really took notice ..

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Old 03-10-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

It's actualy more like in -62 of thaco right now my leader dosen't miss a single shot and I not cheating so it has to be a bug (a wonderful bug, but still a bug)
Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:35 PM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

This sounds like the unfortunate Baldur's Gate bug where as soon as you put a third slot into any weapon proficiency you suddenly can't hit anything for the next two or three levels. Also the ditional attacks seem to be missing. I didn't notice this as quite so bad in IWD but have also failed to suffer (?) this bug. My characters all look legit (in all twenty eight odd different parties).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:33 AM   #5
Mithrandr
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by Balgin:
This sounds like the unfortunate Baldur's Gate bug where as soon as you put a third slot into any weapon proficiency you suddenly can't hit anything for the next two or three levels. Also the ditional attacks seem to be missing. I didn't notice this as quite so bad in IWD but have also failed to suffer (?) this bug. My characters all look legit (in all twenty eight odd different parties).
I'm rather new to both Icewin Dale and BG1 - finishing both of these before moving on to BG2 - could you give more info on these observed problems?

[This message has been edited by Mithrandr (edited 03-13-2001).]
Mithrandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 04:57 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Is your character using the Symbol of Correllon Larethian? If so, do you have
the 1.06 patch? The symbol lowers thaco by 2; unpatched, the number keeps
lowering even though your actual thaco does not. My fighter got down to -74 before I patched.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

[This message has been edited by Azred (edited 03-15-2001).]
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote