Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2001, 08:01 AM   #31
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

dang.. i just ate a bigmac a couple of hours ago.. now that you guys told me some nice interesting stuff.. i dont feel sooo good so excuse me for a sec ...

Catch me if you can..
Old 12-13-2001, 03:33 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Oh yeah-- I DO like their fries.. BUT, anyone here ever eat a "Chicken" Mcnugget? Last time I had one was like 1986 or something, I tasted one a few weeks ago, and nearly puked! THAT IS NOT real! It doesn't even TASTE real! ugh! No wonder they have all those sauces for it--to cover up the taste.. belch!

Oh man I know! I hate those vile things! They don't smell like chicken, they don't taste like chicken, when you tear one in half and look inside, don't look like chicken, what is it?! And as for their breakfast items, I dare you to eat one and NOT be running for the bathroom within 30 minutes! Why McDonalds is so popular I have no idea. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-13-2001, 03:43 PM   #33
Sorcerer Alex

I don't know why people feel they have to rebel against McDonald's. They've been around at least forty years and I don't have a problem with them, nor does anyone I know. Perhaps they do chop down the rainforests, but name me one company that would put the environment before it's own profit. Every company is out there for itself and will do anything to maintain its hold on people.

As for the food itself - it's alright, but I must add that I only really go and eat there after I've been out drinking, and need a burger to settle my stomach for the night. But even when sober, I would not avoid the place.

Ah well, each to their own, just thought I'd give my 2c

Old 12-13-2001, 03:51 PM   #34
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

You know their ice-creams are primarily chicken fat as well. Advice (and warning): NEVER EAT AT MCDONALD's! They have the most unhealthy food. Perhaps they had good food 40 years ago, but now, it is just gross.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 12-13-2001, 04:17 PM   #35
Dramnek_Ulk

quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:

that must be one hell of a info to make you stop eating... who wrote the book (or aticle) about that?

It was Eric Schlloser who wrote "fast food Nation" it is a book that contains a list of evildoings by fast food corperations which will make you never east at any fast food joint again. Remember that at Mcdonalds you're literally eating crap food! and of course supporting capitlism.

Old 12-13-2001, 10:37 PM   #36
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I just don't know how they can continue to sell their food..Don't people relise that if you pump McDonalds into your body day in and day out there is a good chance of becoming obese and un-fit. O well..i sppose the occasional burger or chips ain't that bad for you
Old 12-14-2001, 05:46 AM   #37
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I don't know why people feel they have to rebel against McDonald's. They've been around at least forty years and I don't have a problem with them, nor does anyone I know. Perhaps they do chop down the rainforests, but name me one company that would put the environment before it's own profit. Every company is out there for itself and will do anything to maintain its hold on people.

As for the food itself - it's alright, but I must add that I only really go and eat there after I've been out drinking, and need a burger to settle my stomach for the night. But even when sober, I would not avoid the place.

Is it just me or is your argument that "They all do it so don't pick on McDonalds."? I don't mind that as I think you are right, everyone does it. That is why I am against most companies - not just McDonalds. Maccy D's are the worst of a seriously bad bunch so enviromentalists tend to pick on them in the hope that it will encourage the others to change their ways as well.

Mind you, because most people think it is a losing battle it quickly becomes a losing battle (does that make sense? It does to me, so try harder!).
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-14-2001, 06:22 AM   #38
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Hmmmm....A Mc D's thread, ya know after reading some posts here I finally realize that my suspicions [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] long ago are true...Mc Donalds shall destroy civilization as we know it one day.

"Dammit, where is my Segway? I need to go get a Wendy's Frosty!"
Old 12-14-2001, 07:07 AM   #39
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I last ate at a McD in 1990. I remember it well. It was in New Orleans and my ex-husband talked me into eating a Big Mac because we were in a hurry. Bleah. Do they put thousand-island dressing on those things? I remember being disgusted at being in a city where it's almost impossibloe to get a bad meal, and finding one. BTW, I love capitalism.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 12-14-2001, 01:05 PM   #40
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

Yeah, why didnt the American goverment just say something like: 'gee, every terrorist blows up buildings, lets not start picking on Bin Laden'. That 'everyone' does it doesnt make it right!