Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 02:19 AM   #1
rat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I never got a Serpent key from Krueg. I wasted the guy and dont recall ever having found a key on him. I went back and searched every inch of the floor where the guy died and found nothing. Also searched every inch of evey corridor that led to his room and nothing, NNada, zilch ZERO!!

So where is IT? Is this a bug? Without the S key (from reading the FAQ) I cant open the library to get at the wand and serpent book. Without the wand I cant summon the spirit and I have everything else except the DAYAM SERPENT KEY!

Is there as any other way around this other than restarting??
(Searching previous threads I saw mention of hex editing the game to get lost items. Happy to do that as well if someone can advise me)

thanks
A frustRATed RAT

------------------
rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 02:23 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay...you don't need the serpent key to get the Wand. You need the four monkey statuettes that you find in various locations around the temple.

You need the Serpent Key to get the Serpent Idol, which is then used to get the Book of the Servant, which tells you the responses to make to the Naga Spirit upon summoning her. The responses are fairly simple:

As the Serpent charms, The Servant Bows
As the Serpent schemes, The Servant Dreams
While the Serpent sleeps, The Servant Waits
When the Serpent strikes, The Servant Prays

That's all you need from the "Serpent Key". Hope that helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 09:07 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

rat - Saz gave you excellent advice so you can skip the part about the snake idol and the Book of the Servant.

Are you saving your game often and to different save slots?? It is a really good idea to save before you enter a dungeon in one slot and part way through the dungeon in another slot. That way, if you miss something, you don't have too far to back track.

The other alternative is to use revert game (NOT reset adventures) which takes you back to the last time you visited a town. Multiple saves is a much better strategy!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote