Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 07:56 AM   #1
NFallon
Welcomed New User

I have been holding on to all the gems, pearls, rubies, and other precious stones that I have found so far. Should I just sell them or should I keep them for future benefits. Also what's the benefit of keeping rings and neclaces that don't have any magical value? Any help would be appreciated!
NFallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 08:15 AM   #2
Halo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sell em they have no other use in the game except to give you cash.

------------------
"if you whistle while you’re pissing, you have two minds where one is quite sufficient.
If you have two minds, you are at war with yourself" (Illuminatus. 405).
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 02:29 PM   #3
Windrunner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Halo is right sell them. But becareful of sub-quest that require gaining special gems and rings and other jewlery.As always this just my opinion I could be wrong.

------------------
Windrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

you may want to hold on to the more valuable gems like pearls and fire agates until you need cash to buy an important item. Saving the gems and delling them all at once will fetch a better price than selling the same type gem at several different points in the game.
I usually wait until after Wyrm's tooth to cach in gems
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 03:54 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Leafy:
you may want to hold on to the more valuable gems like pearls and fire agates until you need cash to buy an important item. Saving the gems and delling them all at once will fetch a better price than selling the same type gem at several different points in the game.
I usually wait until after Wyrm's tooth to cach in gems
I'm assuming that you store these items in a chest or something rather than carry them around with you for the first part of the game?

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 08:57 PM   #6
Windrunner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In response to the Fathers post, I usually dedicate one character to carry gems so as to build up the number of them I have ( seeing how they dont weigh anything not even in large numbers).

------------------

The Windrunner, Ranger of the Wolf Clan
Old 04-09-2001, 09:09 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

there's a few "chests of holding" in Kulduhar, like at the inn. Those are perfect for storing the gems until after wyrm's tooth, and the +1 longsword, +1 chainmail until after upper dorn (right before wyrm's tooth)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:15 AM   #8
Khanar
Manshoon

You know, I got to a point where I just didn't grab gems anymore. I mean, I had so much cash already, it just wasn't worth dragging the little bulding pouches full of jems around. Now, wolf skins though....
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 02:42 AM   #9
Windrunner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Talking about places to put things, where can a good theif get a bag of holding around here?

------------------

The Windrunner, Ranger of the Wolf Clan
Old 04-11-2001, 04:31 AM   #10
Khanar
Manshoon

Hmm, is there even one in the game? I found a broken one that only dumped a random item out once per day.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote