Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2000, 10:46 AM   #1
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Can anyone tell me where the vault key is for the desert tomb? There's also a lock in Skull Castle that needs it, I'm assuming it's somewhere in the castle. Do you have to defeat the vampiress to get it?

Also has anyone found a way to swim through the water with really fast current and go back the way you came? I got stuck in the labryinth and couldn't go back or get out because the gate was down, had to revert to a previously saved game.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 01:55 PM   #2
Skullcrusher

It's a while since I did this one but I hope this helps.

You get the key to the vault from the Lich (G'Ezer.. whatever his name is) by promising to do a quest for him. If you haven't got the key to his door then you need to go down one of the tunnels in the water. Can't remember which. You can't swim back against the current but all of the tunnels will let you get back one way or another. The maze you are stuck in has a key at one of the dead ends that lets you open a door at the top of the lift.
Old 12-31-2000, 03:14 PM   #3
emilyh
Welcomed New User

I found the labrynth key but keep getting crushed by something, I couldn't tell what. Don't think it was the lift because that was below me. Anyway I couldn't find anywhere to use the key because I took too much crushing damage every time I went up the lift.
Old 12-31-2000, 05:18 PM   #4
carg
The Magister

Don't you need the key to activate the elevator? The keyhole is at the end of the corridor with the elevator.
To enter the desert tomb you need something else than a key, but that will be revealed further on in Skull Castle.

About swimming against the current: today I saw a post about 'skiing': running on water with your head held high (: looking halfway up). That won't help you here, because you need to go under water, but wouldn't it work in dragonspire?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 05:46 PM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The answer to your original question - the key to the desert temple of Anephas - you need to use the staff of the Lich G'ezzered Ra. The Mabba Mabbig door similarly needs this staff. If you are stuck in the labryinth, I don't believe you can go back against the flow (even though all characters backstoke with the olympians, while their freestyle usually sucks). You need to use the key and the lift to get back to the Lich's chamber (the one with the music playing -down the steps before the water area.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 05:47 PM   #6
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Thanks got past maze.