Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 01:17 AM   #1
Rev.Sparticus

Call me a TOOL moron or Seasme Street Refugee But i need help Big time i got no damm idea how to get the Chromatic Deamon to open that damm gate ive read he scrool and i casn only get the Slime door open thats it cant open any of the others ive got completely no idea...

Secondly from what ive been reading it is possiable to kill the shadow and the red Dragon yes???? if so anyone wanna slip me a little help on that one???

SPOIL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Repent and Thou Shall be Saved
Old 06-24-2001, 01:26 AM   #2
Grinch
The Magister

As far as the Dragons go I suggest you run a search here for the threads where such topics are covered in overwhelming detail. Suffice it to say that they are killable and I am wearing the red dragons hide as my favorite suit of armor.

As for Watcher's Keep,first go the air lab and overcome the air elementals there. Get the Scepter of air. This will allow you to open the other door of the air lab,one of the doors to the slime room and adjust the speed of the fan(very useful for later). After the air guardians bite the dust, use the scepter to turn on the fan. Then you can go the slime lab and fight the guardians there and get the slime scepter. Look all over the place and you will find notes on how to get the upper hand on these critters.

------------------
Grinch
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 06:12 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Can anyone tell me where the slime sceptre is? I've gone in the first room but cant get the other door open so I assume I need the sceptre but cant find it anywhere. I took what was in the central slime pool but nothing of immediate use.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 06:34 PM   #4
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

You need to read all the notes you find on that level! I cannot stress this enough, they notes tell you how to use the rooms themselves to fight the other rooms, and you need to do this, if you don't the monsters which hold the other scepters WILL NOT SHOW UP until you do.
sunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 08:39 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

When I first went in the slime room( from the air room) there were about 5-6 slimes which I promptly killed. I had the fan on high but hadnt opened the other door. So then I went around and opened the southern door(with fan still on high) killing the 9000exp wimpy spiders in the process. So all the gas is out of the slime room. Still no bad-guy with scepter. What am I missing? Something stupidly obvious I'm sure but please tell, I'm aggravated at this point. Thanks
Old 06-25-2001, 03:15 AM   #6
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Ok, You first go in the air room. You turn on the fan, you kill the air creatures, then get the air staff from the dead creatures.
You then have to turn the fan to high speed (can only do this if you have the air staff). Make sure the south west door is closed. Open the north east door.
Now head over to the slime room. Open both doors there, the west door and south doors of the slime room. You need to have the fan blow out the poison from the slime room in order to weaken the slime room.
Mosters should be about, kill slime monsters, get slime staff. Now go open north room of the ice room. Wind now blows the slime room poison INTO the ice room, weakening the ice creatures to make them vulnerable. Kill the ice creatures and get the ice staff.
Last, head west and open the east fire room door. Draw the fire elementals out to the ice room where they die. After all fire elementals are dead, the fire giant is vulnerable, kill him for final staff and you have all 4.

See? Isn't that simple ? he he
sunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 02:29 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well it seems I had done it all right, this is even stupider. The slime sceptor was right by a door where I duhhhh neglected to notice it. Hours of aggravation and posting here and it was there all along. But thanks for the help anyway sundar
Old 06-25-2001, 06:34 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Well it seems I had done it all right, this is even stupider. The slime sceptor was right by a door where I duhhhh neglected to notice it. Hours of aggravation and posting here and it was there all along. But thanks for the help anyway sundar
Edited my comments out as I've found the stupid thing.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 06-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 06-25-2001).]
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 10:46 AM   #9
Lord Shield

yeh, it caused me some gip too

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html
Old 07-22-2001, 06:39 PM   #10
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

As I recall, I killed some giant snake in the slime room for the sceptre. Don't ask me where he was storing it...
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote