Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 08:08 PM   #1
Rhuarch
Dungeon Master

I have just taken oon a job from the thievs guild in Balmora whre I'm suposed to get this key from a noble or his servant. anyway I can't figure out how to pickpocket. I have an aprentices probe, which I assumed was for picking pockets but when I equip it and try to use it on someone nothing really happens. It just looks like I'm trying to hit the guy with it. Can someone help me out here>

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:42 PM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

to pickpocket you will need to hold the 'sneak' key (usually control) and then right click on the person. warning, you will need a high sneak skill to pickpocket without pissing the the person off.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:03 PM   #3
Rhuarch
Dungeon Master

Thank you so much
Old 06-12-2002, 10:09 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Probes are used to disarm traps, just incase you were wondering. I didn't know either, until a NPC mentioned them, or was it a book? Ah well, now you know.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 11:02 AM   #5
ratchild
Manshoon

I've also heard mention that pickpocketing might be dependant on your security skill as well, but i cannont confirm this.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:19 PM   #6
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

If you're having problems stealing from him you could either:
1) Try to knock him out with bare fists first - makes stealing much easier

2) 'Do an Asphyxiate', sneak up and whack him in a manner that would make the mob proud. Being the singularly pathetic thief I am I ended up just killing him, looting the house, selling the goods and then giving the key back to Ol' suga Lips.

He wasn't very happy to find out that I'd killed the guy but hell, I'm 'Phyxie! This is what I do!
Old 06-15-2002, 04:23 AM   #7
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

ive done all the theives guild quests there is no key to get off of actual people. the quest you are doing requires you to ask his servant which is in the southwall cornerclub(odd same place as the theives). bump up his disposition by way of bribe to like 70 and he will give you the key.that is the proper way to do that quest
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 04:25 AM   #8
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

you will find that alot of characters have to be bribed to get anything outta them but hey with a little money you to can bump up your speechcraft. get speechcraft up to about 40 then try admire.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:34 PM   #9
[wcip]Angel
Zhentarim Guard

Or get the mask that gives 150 in armor class and +30 to personality south of dagon fel.
[wcip]Angel is offline   Reply With Quote