Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 10:54 PM   #1
Starfirek

I cant get past the fire pits on the warrior path. I avoid the central fire and hit both levers but the grate still wont stay open. What am I doing wrong?

Old 03-11-2001, 10:57 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Nothing - this is just very hard.

Try getting a crate or a chest and have your lead character CARRY it while you run through that area. The chest or crate will get under the gate before your party and keep it open long enough for your party to get through!

GOOD LUCK!!
Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:07 AM   #3
slug
Manshoon

i remember having to flip switches more than once. you Must go through all fires without touching center. i don't even know if fliping the levers is needed at all. i know i fliped at least one twice.

the crate thing didn't work for me, try it though i did.

basically, one lap around, and then back and forth between levers until it decides to stay open. takes lots of healing.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 11:04 AM   #4
gregger
Dungeon Master

This one took me a real long time. I tried everything. But, when I made a lap with a treasure chest then put the chest in first, it worked my first try!

------------------
Apprentice2All
gregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
rj
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try hitting the switches without passing through the center flame. I tried using the center flame many times but the only time the gate stayed open was when I didn't use the center pit at all. Make sure you start from saved game previous to entering the pit puzzle.

If worse comes to worse make sure your human or most agile charaters is selected and just run and jump through the room. I couldn't find a way to get through the wizards puzzle other than that.

Wyvern?????? or anybody-- is there any particular way to get through the wizards side?
rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:48 PM   #6
LazyBoy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

it pissed me off too at first but it's rather simple. i chose the path to the right or the wizards path, so if you chose the other i hope you saved the game. any ways, when in the wizard fire pit i walked through the first fire and got to the middle section, then i turned around and had my back to the trap door, and walked backwards through the middle fire and BINGO! it should work atleast it did for me.

p.s.(jumping instead of walking through the fires seems to take less damage)

LazyBoy
LazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote