Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Ok, who can tell me where there is reference to Keldorn in BG1?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ajantis refers to training as a squire under Keldorn.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:20 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Okay then, another trivia question. Prism's sculpture of Ellesime might be regarded as "improper" or "cheating" by critics, due to what reason? Explain your answer.
a) He did not base his portrait on the live model
b) He was using performance-enhancing drugs
c) The rough stonework was performed by another artist
d) The inclusion of stolen materials corrupts the aura of the piece
e) The only person judged worthy of portraying an Elf is another Elf
Old 01-20-2005, 01:42 AM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Lets do some reasoning...

a) Many acclaimed sculptures are not based upon the use of 'live' models. Maybe Prism was inspired by the ideal of Ellesime or had a vision, divine or otherwise of this ideal.
b) Many acclaimed artists have been off their head with drugs whilst creating masterpieces.
c) I was under the impression that Prism modified an otherwise natural feature, so I think this is unlikely.
d) The aesthetic value of the sculpture could possibly be enhanced by the 'inperfection' of stolen goods (see Illithium quest BG2). It adds character to an otherwise immaculate piece, Prism himself comments that the emeralds are required as a finishing touch.
e) Possibly in the mind of an closed-mind Elf, but most races would tend to disagree.

I think the answer is b) simply because the standard of other individuals taking drugs to produce a piece is neither desirable nor applaudable in any sense.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:33 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I think d)
Old 01-20-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Clarification. Which of the possible answers is backed up by what can be learned from your conversation with Prism?

And the answer isn't D. I know, the emeralds were stolen, but that doesn't make a whit of difference to the aesthetic appeal of the work. Besides, if it were that easy, it wouldn't be a good trivia question, now would it? [img]smile.gif[/img]
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:10 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

So what is the answer?
I'm not good at this sort of thing [img]redface.gif[/img] . I say then b) simply because it is the only thing mentioend in the conversation AFAIR (him using oils of speed).
Old 01-27-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

It's A. Prism has never met Ellesime. To clarify it even more: Ellesime is the queen of the elves in Baldur's Gate 2, living in the hidden city Suldanesselar, which is, if I'm quite honest, impossible to access by races other than elves (in each case, non-Suldanesselar inhabitants). I believe it is even told in Shadows of Amn that the PC and his party are the first 'outlanders' to gain access to the city.

Hence it would be impossible for Prism to have met Ellesime.

[ 01-27-2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
It's A. Prism has never met Ellesime. To clarify it even more: Ellesime is the queen of the elves in Baldur's Gate 2, living in the hidden city Suldanesselar, which is, if I'm quite honest, impossible to access by races other than elves (in each case, non-Suldanesselar inhabitants). I believe it is even told in Shadows of Amn that the PC and his party are the first 'outlanders' to gain access to the city.

Hence it would be impossible for Prism to have met Ellesime.
I think Prism says that he glanced at her once.

In BG2 it says something like one of the few outlanders who accessed it. also in manual about Ellesime it says that very few outsiders have seen her (but some did).

this is all AFAIRC though.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #10
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I thought in BGII they tell the party "Very few outsiders ever come here" or something like that. Not "no outsiders ever come here."

Could be wrong though.