Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2002, 09:44 AM   #21
Lavindathar
Harper

Who we taking???

Old 02-17-2002, 10:45 AM   #22
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Thought this was funny, and it seems appropriate for this thread somewhat. A verse from a song by a little known band called "Monkey bucket". To be played with acoustic guitar and didgeridoo for some reason:

I went down to Twyford Down 'cos I felt like getting tribal,
Now some tribes they are peaceful and some tribes; they are fearce,
I asked one of the tribal chiefs if I could join the Donga's,
But you can only join the Donga's if your Dong has been pierced,

You can only fight this war,
If you are still feeling sore,
From the tattoo on your bits,
And the rings through both your tits,

Well, I liked it...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-17-2002, 10:54 AM   #23
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

Well, I liked it...

Why am I not surprised?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2002, 11:35 AM   #24
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:

Why am I not surprised?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Because pancakes have eaten your soul? Because the guinea fowl are the most dangerous of the ground dwelling birds (they hunt in packs you know...)?

I give up. Why?

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-17-2002, 01:18 PM   #25
Lavindathar
Harper

I think its because your English. And the English people are usually amused by stuff like that [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2002, 03:05 PM   #26
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I think its because your English. And the English people are usually amused by stuff like that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well Talthyr is English as well...

I want people to recognise my right to be odd without a nationality being attached! People from all countried can be odd. I have met many odd people and only a 4.5 of them were English (one of them was from Yorkshire so I didn't count a full person).
Old 02-17-2002, 03:08 PM   #27
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

anybody else out there have a tattoo or a peircing they want to show?
or tell us about your experiences, good or bad.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:04 PM   #28
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

Well Talthyr is English as well...

I want people to recognise my right to be odd without a nationality being attached! People from all countried can be odd. I have met many odd people and only a 4.5 of them were English (one of them was from Yorkshire so I didn't count a full person).

Yeah, I also reserve my right to be strange and English, with no connections between the two necessary.
Anyway, what's wrong with being strange??
Old 02-17-2002, 04:46 PM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
anybody else out there have a tattoo or a peircing they want to show?
or tell us about your experiences, good or bad.

Had my nose pierced when I was 17 (small silver ring), grew tired of it after a while and removed it when I was 19 or so. *shrug* I think my face isn't really suited for most piercings anyway, and I don't care for tattoos either. The one you have is quite beautiful though, Slackerboy! It's a nice design and the colour is good too.

If I were forced to get a tattoo I'd go for celtic knotwork... something from the Lindisfarne Gospels I think
Old 02-17-2002, 04:54 PM   #30
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

If I were forced to get a tattoo I'd go for celtic knotwork... something from the Lindisfarne Gospels I think

Nice! I would go celtic - but getting a tattoo is not something I really want to do. I quite like them on other people [img]smile.gif[/img]