Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 12:58 AM   #11
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

here's a tip, never ever tell the guards there to leave.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:53 AM   #12
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

kakreo i tried that but didnt work. in fact thats what i thought started that whole issue was i decided to try and free the guards before attacking the head gaoler. so i then reloaded my game to just before and tried by not freeing the guards. same problem. no matter how many times you try to reload the game on that it will not change. thats why im glad i always do the peninsula first that way i didnt lose to much on the game time.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 06:23 AM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

how strange, I never tell the guard to run away, I just kill them off when they are infected by that little mosnter.

hmmm..maybe because my version of game is different.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:46 PM   #14
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Well i just continued on with another charecter instead so i'm not worring about it. SPOILER if you kill of all the guard when they get infected you don't get the +1 to good for each one, as well you also get more ex. when you kill off the guards i beleive i wasn't really paying attention to it the first time but i'm not shure.

[ 07-10-2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Blade ]
Old 07-15-2002, 09:09 PM   #15
Lemon
Welcomed New User

HAIL , i was missing the the monster also, and also the senerio before going into lair, the headmaster goon u fight surrenders at end but mine he fought to the bitter death of him,, I tried this whole thing 3 times doing it diffents ways, but it did not work at all.

SO i had to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall it all over.. and start from beginning and IT did work, i could finish the quest..

ALSO if u are asking why i didnt save my saved games before unintall << I DID>> and still didnt work until i started a new player
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 09:33 PM   #16
Exodus Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just kill every weak minded fool in the room, and then the intellect devourer.....taunting it everytime you appear from the shadows....it then realises that its own intellect is that of a child and can be swiftly murdered with all else who oppose my chosen path....
Old 07-16-2002, 09:57 AM   #17
Gormash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, I had this exact same problem, not finding the intellect devourer after I killed it. I marched in and out of the Prison and killed the next beast before I returned determined to find it.

There IS NO BUG!
It's just that the intellect devourer looks just like every other dropped equipment, a small gray bag. Problem is that the bag is the exact same color as the floor beneath, making it extremely difficult to spot.

A few tips to help locate it:
- Top down view
- Zoom in as close as possible
- Have LOTS of illumination, a torch at the least
- On some monitors it might help to turn up contrast and brightness.

Just walk through the bottom floor of the prison, inch by inch and you'll find it. I'll most likely be on the spot you killed the beast, or at least close by.
Gormash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:03 PM   #18
Exodus Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gormash:
OK, I had this exact same problem, not finding the intellect devourer after I killed it. I marched in and out of the Prison and killed the next beast before I returned determined to find it.

There IS NO BUG!
It's just that the intellect devourer looks just like every other dropped equipment, a small gray bag. Problem is that the bag is the exact same color as the floor beneath, making it extremely difficult to spot.

You could always hold down the TAB key.....
A few tips to help locate it:
- Top down view
- Zoom in as close as possible
- Have LOTS of illumination, a torch at the least
- On some monitors it might help to turn up contrast and brightness.

Just walk through the bottom floor of the prison, inch by inch and you'll find it. I'll most likely be on the spot you killed the beast, or at least close by.
Old 07-16-2002, 10:47 PM   #19
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

emm..the intellect devourer look more like a giant misshapen frog than a small gray bag to me.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:28 AM   #20
Chewbacca
Zartan

Bioware has admited this bug and is going to release a patch in the near future according to a posting in the official forums.

They said to avoid using autosave in chapter one and NOT to save for the first five minutes of the game or when you enter the prison area to prevent this bug from occurring. I playyed thorough chprt 1 fine, but i didnt use autosave at all. The programmer who posted gave this cryptic solution because the mechanics of the bug were "too complicated" to discuss.

[ 07-17-2002, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]