Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
philip
Galvatron

Found this on the NWVault
Quote:

BioWare E3 Lineup
Here's what BioWare's Tom Ohle sent regarding what they will be showing at this year's E3 gaming convention in LA. The news includes word of their previously secret title which now has a name, "Dragon Age". Here's the full release:

BioWare Corp. today revealed the lineup of games to be shown at the BioWare booth during the Electronic Entertainment Expo, May 12-14, 2004 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. In addition to the already announced Jade Empire™, BioWare will be revealing two new products at E3 2004.

BioWare will be showcasing Jade Empire, its upcoming action-RPG that allows you to become a martial arts master. The title, set in a world inspired by the myths and legends of ancient China, will also be shown at the Xbox booth. Jade Empire will be published by Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox.

BioWare is proud to announce Dragon Age™, an upcoming PC RPG based on a brand new BioWare fantasy world. Dragon Age will be shown to a limited number of journalists behind closed doors. Many more details will be announced at E3.

Also to be shown in the BioWare booth is The Witcher™, an action-RPG developed by Poland-based developer CDProjekt and powered by the BioWare Aurora Engine™. BioWare’s booth is #2666, and is located in the West Hall.
Thanks for the news Tom! More details to follow as I head out to LA for E3 on Tuesday.
I don't think I like Jade Empire much cause of the oriental setting but who knows.

The other two titles surely sound interesting. I definitely want to know what they'll be doing with the aurora engine (the NWN engine) in the game.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Think Dragon Age sounds themost interesting. At least if it means anything that it's listed as PC RPG instead'a action-RPG like the other two.

Jade Empire seems pretty neat too.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

I can't really place Dragon Age and the Witcher, but Jade Empire sounds pretty nice. Only that it'd be cooler if the setting was Japanese and with a huge emphasis towards the katana, wakizashi and naginata.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i hope they wont screw it up and rush it again.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 03:14 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

Dragon Age is their IP game they've been talking about for a long time. anyway, dunno if they'll use Aurora on it or not, as they've said 1) by the time the game is ready, it'll be looking a bit ragged as an engine and 2) they have no desire to use tilesets on it. instead, they plan on using the handpainted backgrounds that they've done so wonderfully with the BG series.

just remember, it's their own game. no DnD, no ADD, no SPECIAL, no nuffin. it looks like it will be ported to XBox, also, so we may be seeing MS as the publisher... altho that's not been announced. they may be using E3 as their publisher search if it comes down to it.

i can't wait! i know it'll kick butt. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V
Old 05-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Some facts about Dragon Age: ( )

Dragon Age

Quick Facts
Product: Dragon Age™
Publisher: Unsigned
Developer: BioWare Corp. ™
Format: PC
Game Type: Fantasy Roleplaying (single player and multi-player)
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Availability: To Be Announced
Old 05-24-2004, 03:06 AM   #7
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

The Witcher, if anybody is interested, is based on the Polish medieval fantasy books of Andrzej Sapkowski. It's the most popular fantasy series in the country.

I don't know the developer very well, but the setting is basically gritty, low-magic fantasy with some mature themes. There's a tv show, kind of like Xena warrior princess or something, and they have full-frontal nudity sometimes--in a late afternoon time slot.

All in all, it's a promising project.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:44 AM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Mopery:
The Witcher, if anybody is interested, is based on the Polish medieval fantasy books of Andrzej Sapkowski. It's the most popular fantasy series in the country.

I don't know the developer very well, but the setting is basically gritty, low-magic fantasy with some mature themes. There's a tv show, kind of like Xena warrior princess or something, and they have full-frontal nudity sometimes--in a late afternoon time slot.

All in all, it's a promising project.
I wonder if the game will have nudity as well...Id be willing to check it out then

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote