Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I think it's the fifth last anyway, around there

Okay I saw an ad yesterday before Buffy was on that said something about last night's episode being like a cross-over with tonight's Angel episode - something like 'concludes tomorrow on Angel'? I don't watch Angel but if it's like integral to the story then I will. Is it? I couldn't tell from the episode at all except that Willow left to see someone called Fred (he might be in Angel?)

Please no one say anything about the plot or what's to come [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Not really; she's got a cameo in Angel, but it's of no importance whatsoever for the Buffy storyline. [img]smile.gif[/img] You'd only end up in the middle of a rather confusing and complex Angel plotline which wouldn't really make sense without having seen all of the previous episodes, anyways. You won't miss a thing, except for Willow being gone for one Buffy episode (and perhaps a short reference to it in the episode she returns, but if there was one, I can't recall it), I believe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
("Fred" is a she, btw )

[ 06-09-2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Oh, on second thought: one thing *is* significant about that particular episode, though; a certain character will leave at the end of the Angel episode to join the Buffy cast for the last few episodes. But I suppose you don't have to see that particular Angel episode, as the build-up in the following Buffy-episode is decent enough to (re-)introduce that particular character.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:43 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Huh. Obviously just trying to get people to watch Angel to get ratings up by advertising it as 'concluding on Angel' [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

Thanks Groj [img]smile.gif[/img] . Glad I don't have to watch Angel. It never really grabbed me for some reason.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Btw Groj how do you know this? I thought Mel said that you guys were a season or two behind?
Old 06-09-2003, 05:54 PM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Huh. Obviously just trying to get people to watch Angel to get ratings up by advertising it as 'concluding on Angel' [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Well, it does explain the reintroduction of a certain character a bit (see my previous post); but personally speaking, you would have missed several Angel episodes already to really get an idea of what happened beforehand with that particular character in the first place... The Angel episode could give more insight in that character's previous adventures, but I don't believe they're really vital to the Buffy plotline - the most important bits of "how" and "why" have already taken place a few episodes ago in Angel, and watching that Angel episode won't really help all that much.
Perhaps you'll have a slight feeling of disorientation when the next Buffy episode will kick off, but if you really want to know what happened beforehand, just read the plot summaries of episode 79, 80 and 81 of Angel here. It will spoil which character will appear on Buffy, though, so see for yourself whether you want to know it beforehand or not until after you've seen the episode.

edit: as for how I've already seen those episodes, blame the Internet. Mostly curiosity.

[ 06-09-2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 06-09-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Okay thanks Groj [img]smile.gif[/img]

LOL I know what you mean! I can't wait to see what happens! Except that I know it'll be the end